What are we thinking about the end of January? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    There's way more reason to bash this thread than Kusty's western trip thread. lol
    thank you, and agreed.

im looking into a sugarbush weekend with girlfriend and her best friend and boyfriend. we're looking at a ski in ski out situation january 11-13.

its a crapshoot. could be great. could be shitty. they are all beginners so it wont matter. and i will have fun and drink nice beer and eat nice food either way.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    they are all beginners so it wont matter. and i will have fun and drink nice beer and eat nice food either way.
    Pretty sure drinking beer is the surest way to win on a ski trip will beginners.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    thank you, and agreed.

im looking into a sugarbush weekend with girlfriend and her best friend and boyfriend. we're looking at a ski in ski out situation january 11-13.

its a crapshoot. could be great. could be shitty. they are all beginners so it wont matter. and i will have fun and drink nice beer and eat nice food either way.
    This is a no lose Weekend in VT, Just the beer alone will make it worth the trip ! And I liked the western trip Thread....very well planned out and cost effective !
    Last edited by JDMRoma; Nov 9, 2018 at 7:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks860 View Post

Well decided to just go with it. Will be at sugarbush from 1/26 to 2/2

I think you'll be fine as long as there is some top to bottom skiing. Of course that's coming from a Virginian. If you think it's a guessing game in VT, here in the mid-Atlantic it's more like pin the tail on the donkey while blindfolded. I hope to meet with a group of friends for a weekend in mid-winter in southwest PA and we've picked Feb 2 and 3. Any earlier is a risk of low trail counts, any later is risk of melt-downs. We don't get nice lingering spring conditions. We go from open to closed in about 7-10 days. In 50+ years of skiing down here our peak period for good conditions is usually the three weeks from Feb 1 - 21. Very rarely we will get that expanded by a week or two on either side. But some years we never get peak conditions at all. It's frustrating, but fortunately I get a lot of western skiing now, so not as frustrating as when I wasn't.

Thread Information