• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

this weekend? 11/10-11

slatham

Went to Mount Snow on Sunday. Conditions were great, except for the top of Free Fall which was scraped off and very treacherous, saw many wipeouts from the icy chairlift. After two Sundays with virtually no waiting, for some reason everyone decided to show up yesterday and the lift lines were horrible. Apparently the Grand Summitt was not working, so they were downloading using the Canyon chairlift. The download line was crowding into the actual trail, making it treacherous to navigate. There was wholesale poaching of Canyon going on, as a steady stream of people bailed on the line and ducked the rope right in front of the liftie. Snow on Canyon was nice and soft and coverage was much better than opening weekend (except for a couple water bars). Or so I heard ;-) Early on my goggles got covered in a thick sheet of impenetrable ice and I spent the day getting blasted in the eyes by ice pellets from the snow guns, which were everywhere and on full blast.

Apparently they gave up in mid afternoon and reported Canyon was opened!

machski

SR skiing nice, Barker Quad was delayed til Wednesday to open. Likely terrain not quite prepped and ready by Patrol. Given the cold, I would expect about a dozen runs in play by the weekend and 2, if not 3 (Spruce is the ?) lifts.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Zand

At SR right now...about 8" and coming down hard right now. Goat Path and Upper Cut are open au natural and skiing pretty damn nice for November 13th. Lower Punch still has tricky (and now hidden under the natural snow) waterbars near the bottom so still best to stay above midstation but damn is it nice. My legs weren't ready for a day 1 powder day :D

Jully

At SR right now...about 8" and coming down hard right now. Goat Path and Upper Cut are open au natural and skiing pretty damn nice for November 13th. Lower Punch still has tricky (and now hidden under the natural snow) waterbars near the bottom so still best to stay above midstation but damn is it nice. My legs weren't ready for a day 1 powder day :D

Amazing. So sad I couldn't get up there today!

Zand

Over to rain now. Still nice and soft but calling it a day as I'm already getting clumsy. This weekend's going to be insane.

JimG.

Staff member
Day 2 at Killington yesterday. Stupid crowded just like Mt. Snow the day before. Still had a great 2 days to start the season.

newtoys.jpg

chuckstah

Nice day at Wildcat yesterday, never wanted in line after the wait for opening bell. The TTB runs kicked my ass. Cool cloud hovering over WashingtonScreenshot_20181112-153559.jpgIMG_20181112_094540854.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Cool . I skied Wildcat on a Wave day years ago the sun "window" was out all day in the valley but cloudy and snowing on both sides .

This flight is from Gohram . Would love to fly out of there someday . The annoying beep is a Audio Variometer , faster is up indication . Helps keep one eyes outside the cockpit rather that being distracted by the dials.

JimG.

Staff member
same story sunday but hard to complain. its november 11. it was a beautiful day. they had a nice set of options to ski. and the bold could ski t2b on cascade with a rope duck (snow was trash but it beat the walkway). im just grateful to have day 1 under my belt nice and early.

we are closed for veterans day. i am so sore in my triceps and legs.

You should have walked up the stairway at the top of each lift ride to train for Silverton.

KustyTheKlown

You should have walked up the stairway at the top of each lift ride to train for Silverton.

Truth

I’ve been going to the gym and doing the stair machine for 15 minutes\75 stories and then uphill jogging and fast walking on the treadmill for 30. doing that 2x a week plus weekends skiing, I should be ok

JimG.

Staff member
Truth

I’ve been going to the gym and doing the stair machine for 15 minutes\75 stories and then uphill jogging and fast walking on the treadmill for 30. doing that 2x a week plus weekends skiing, I should be ok

I've been working out since late July and I was kind of amazed how easy the walk back to the peak was for me this time. Plus I remembered to use the walk mode on my boots which I'm sure helped a lot too.