• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowmaking Capitol of The World

John9

I remember that trail map from the 90s, memories of Friday night ski club.

x10003q

Time to settle this once and for all:
vernon-valtm2.jpg

It is great that Moonspin is highlighted - the lower section was lost to the alpine slide and the upper section was rarely open. I do not think the upper section of Moonspin had snowmaking.:lol:

rtjcbrown

It is great that Moonspin is highlighted - the lower section was lost to the alpine slide and the upper section was rarely open. I do not think the upper section of Moonspin had snowmaking.:lol:

I liked the way they would add a new trail to the map by reaching into the desk drawer for the liquid whiteout vial.

ERJ-145CA

It's true, not that they're the snowmaking capitol of the world, but that they're making snow. I live 10 minutes away and we got about 8" today, unfortunately it's might change to rain later tonight but it's getting me psyched. I just picked up my new boots and skis today so I'm wearing the boots now to break them in. I'm thinking my first day out will be Thursday or Friday of the last week in November at Belleayre. It's getting close.:thumbup:

Incidentally I just learned that the new CEO of MC is Joe Hession who is also the CEO of Snow Operating.

Last edited: