• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

11/17-11/18 Weekend Plans

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I've been dealing with a bunch of unpleasant things...so much that I haven't really had time to think, look or go skiing. I have to be in Montreal early Sunday morning. Leaving Ottawa probably late tomorrow.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I could go skiing at St-Sauveur, but if I have enough energy and the time, I wouldn't mind crossing the border to ski the great mid-November conditions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I haven't really looked at it...but off top of mind:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Whiteface[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Smuggs (are they opening?)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stowe[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sugarloaf[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Killington (I'm heading there next week for the World Cup)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wildcat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bretton Woods[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday River[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sugarloaf[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Price? Terrain? Conditions? And distance are factors I'm looking in.[/FONT]

KustyTheKlown

Killington today = not crowded and very fun

Popped thru the woods to a closed bunny buster and had untouched smooth velvet 3 runs in a row. great day 2. 23k vert.

i had a seafood chowder at the peak lodge and was undercharged

71ECAEDE-5DAE-4B6B-8BC9-08038E01B0F6.jpg

369E248D-A5FC-40C5-8EE8-FD85A9AA9B66.jpg

AD44B175-609A-4ECE-B4DA-ACA330F39A0E.jpg

0C6C98F9-3CD5-4D1D-9DB1-C4B7A9FE69D6.jpg

Zand

After seeing your map and checking the snow report...I think I might have to go flushing on Tuesday.

Zand

Sweet. That's a hell of a Thanksgiving lineup especially considering 5 days ago it was still just North Ridge.

Also couldn't help but notice...is the Throne skiing any good? Lol

KustyTheKlown

Sweet. That's a hell of a Thanksgiving lineup especially considering 5 days ago it was still just North Ridge.

Also couldn't help but notice...is the Throne skiing any good? Lol

the throne actually skied really nicely, just need to be aware of snakes. skied it twice

chop chop sucked

Zand

the throne actually skied really nicely, just need to be aware of snakes. skied it twice

chop chop sucked

Chop chop sucks with 3 feet of base nevermind now lol...last year in March there were barely rocks at the bottom of Julio and chop chop was still bad.

I love the throne there...I can deal with some things coverage so hopefully it holds up and maybe refreshes before Tuesday. But that would be awesome to ski it this early.

Smellytele

Great day yesterday at Flat'n Woods. While they started with just 2 ways down, ducking ropes was not frowned upon. First time I think I have been able to ski woods in November. West Woods skied great without a sign of a rock to be had. Around noon they opened up a few more trails so we then skirted further out under the ropes to ski more untracked floating fun. With it being their first full day open the untracked was 10-12" deep.

Flat and woods.jpg

Attachments

• Flat and woods.jpg
    Flat and woods.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 87

Zand

Looks like Flush is done for now :( also heard Downdraft was open on natural.. maybe that'll make it through tomorrow. Catwalk and Escapade also open. Looks like 2-4" tonight...maybe they'll get flush going again.

machski

If you are thinking of staying close this holiday weekend, Loon would not disappoint. A bit boring on open stuff today due to just Gondi in ops (Upper Speak may have skied great for a diversion on a few runs), but man do they have a ton just about ready. U/L Walking Boss, Sunset, Haul Back, Can't Dog, ALL OF Angel Street, Big Dipper top to Can't Dog, U/L Picked Rock, Blue Ox and Rampasture. They will have if they want ALL of main mountain lifts running. Unreal for this early.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app