• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

11/17-11/18 Weekend Plans

Zand

Looks terrific almost everywhere. More snow Friday and snowmaking temps almost nonstop through next week.

I'll probably stop by Wachusett for a few runs as they have announced they are shooting for Saturday. Keeping an eye on next week...probably back to Sunday River considering their terrain expansion plans.

drjeff

Going to be checking out what the power of the West Lake Snowmaking project + some help from mother nature can do for Mount Snow.... Also gotta pick up 8 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of boots from my local shop up there, as well as do the start of the season MAJOR condo food stock up and probably a dozen other things in between making some turns

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Bretton Woods:
It's that time of year - ski season! Join us on Friday for a "soft opening" from 12 pm to 3:30 pm. Bring a non-perishable food item to contribute to our "Say Goodnight to Hunger" Campaign and we'll give you a free lift ticket for Friday! We'll have the Zephyr High Speed Quad and the Learning Center Quad operating, offering five trails to ski. On Saturday, lifts will be open from 9 am to 3:30 pm with early season tickets for $32.00 for all ages!

chuckstah

Perfect. I guess I'll be at BW Friday pm. Was looking at options, might as well go with a free one.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Zand

Wachusett is a poor choice if you expect snow. Looks like they have a sizable ice storm coming. Or so "Chasing Snow" says.

Meh...he's hedging that entire ice forecast on the NAM. Omega forcings in the midlevels should keep the column cool during the thump, good enough for 3-6" at Wachusett. Sure there will be a change to sleet and then rain for a few hours but should end as snow and then they'll be able to top it off with another night of snowmaking anyway.

Although if you were expecting powder turns, I wouldn't go to Wachusett if 7 feet fell tomorrow...they'd just groom it all.

drjeff

Thought this was some good advice.
View attachment 24145

Alex Kaufman has some sound advice (and entertaining guests!) for sure on his Podcast!

Let's hope that come Monday, we're not seeing the start of the "injury thread" because someone poached something that looked great, but had little coverage over some underlying brush, rocks, waterbars, etc!!

Haas

Sugarloaf is opening tomorrow (Friday)!

Wildcat has been closed midweek and in that time 15-20 inches have fallen, and they've been blowing. Saturday should be great! Sunday looks a little cold and will likely be icy.

Sunday river has picked up new snow, and everyone I've talked to says its skiing great for early season right now!

chuckstah

BW is great today. Everything is in playIMG_20181116_142933240.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk