• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Opens Saturday!

JimG.

Staff member
Belleayre looking to follow.

New early season trails are Deer Run and Dot Nebel using Gondi. No more early season lift 7.

Bandit2941

I highly doubt Belleayre opens until Black Friday.

We’ll see how the new early season plan works out but I think it’s a bad idea. Deer run and dot nebel both need a lot of snow to open, deer run because of it’s length, dot because of her width and the multiple roads that cross that need to be filled in. The base area will be a prime candidate for a melt out, but at least they can have skiing off lift 8 with downloading on the gondola if that happens.

On topic, I think I’ll go to Hunter Saturday. ������

catskillman

And the lodge will be open, the fire there this week was not to bad. Place smells for sure. I wonder about the condo's there.........

JimG.

Staff member
I highly doubt Belleayre opens until Black Friday.

We’ll see how the new early season plan works out but I think it’s a bad idea. Deer run and dot nebel both need a lot of snow to open, deer run because of it’s length, dot because of her width and the multiple roads that cross that need to be filled in. The base area will be a prime candidate for a melt out, but at least they can have skiing off lift 8 with downloading on the gondola if that happens.

On topic, I think I’ll go to Hunter Saturday. 👍👍👍

Not sure why you think they will wait until Fri after T giving when they routinely open well before that date year in and year out, unless you really feel they will need that long to open the new early season areas.

I guess I just don't agree with you.

Scruffy

I was there today picking up my pass. I was directed to the upstairs office--not the usual office left of the ticket booths. I didn't smell any smoke. I drove over to the new North area. I could only get as far in the as the first run I came to (skiers right) on a construction road. The fan guns are up but they weren't blowing on that trail. From the lodge you could see they were blowing on Hell's gate and Mini.

Bandit2941

Not sure why you think they will wait until Fri after T giving when they routinely open well before that date year in and year out, unless you really feel they will need that long to open the new early season areas.

I guess I just don't agree with you.

I don’t think they have opened earlier than Black Friday since ORDA took over. Back when Tony ran it the plan was always to open as early as possible, but those days are over.

I do think they need more time to open deer run since it needs so much more snow. We’ll see, and I certainly hope you’re right and they do open this weekend! I’m sure there will be an announcement today if so.