• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Someone posted a PLATTEKILL Mtn....

tnt1234

...GPS screen shot of all the lines they hit one day - I think it was last year, but might have been the one before last...

Can't remember who....long shot I realize, but anyone remember that thread and have a link?

(You know winter is coming when you are jonesing for a picture of a mountain with red lines all over it....)

-----

my god. I guess I'm drunk. Took me three times to get this right. Sorry all.....

KustyTheKlown

oh hai

i can’t find the one where i skied to the farm and hitched a ride back. here you can see where i actively decided to turn back and not ski to the farm

5ECBA1A0-705D-445C-9D97-B7700B1617D8.jpg

skimagic

I personally wouldn't recommend it unless you are very sure you know what you are doing, and precisely where you are.

There's a nice write up in this months Powder Mag about the Catskills. Platty has quite a bit of print and the trials and tribulations of the farm run are even mentioned. the other Catskills areas, some back country and the generosity of Harvey are also in there.
It's a good article, has language like describing Belleayre's runs as straight lines, one after the other, like cigarettes in a box.

Last edited:

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
There's a nice write up in this months Powder Mag about the Catskills. Platty has quite a bit of print and the trials and tribulations of the farm run are even mentioned. the other Catskills areas, some back country and the generosity of Harvey are also in there.
It's a good article, has language like describing Belleayre's runs as straight lines, one after the other, like cigarettes in a box.

With regard to the Plattekill sidecountry, I like following this guy, he takes me here:

chris-in-oz.jpg

I haven't seen the Powder story (It's in print! baby) but from what I heard it's not precisely accurate. It's all good as they said something nice about NYSB. :)

Looking forward to it.

raisingarizona

With regard to the Plattekill sidecountry, I like following this guy, he takes me here:

chris-in-oz.jpg

I haven't seen the Powder story (It's in print! baby) but from what I heard it's not precisely accurate. It's all good as they said something nice about NYSB. :)

Looking forward to it.

It’s a really good article. I flipped through it this afternoon. Congratulations Harvey on being in the print of the skiers bible!

tnt1234

would love to know where those hunter side country lines were. pics look great.

tnt1234

I was really surprised that was in there.

I don't ski hunter all that often. If there is a lot of snow, we usually day trip to belleayre - enjoy the trees there and cathedral brook area. Usually go to hunter when we need their snow making power. So never really have a chance to poke around OB, but it sure looks like the mountain should have some stashes...I've heard about the fire road skiers left past Anapurna, but I also wonder about the stuff skiers right past....what's it called? k12?

Anyway, article had beautiful pics. Would love know where that glade is in the article.

tnt1234

oh hai

i can’t find the one where i skied to the farm and hitched a ride back. here you can see where i actively decided to turn back and not ski to the farm

View attachment 24143

Krusty - I'm confused about those lines off the backside - particularly that big banana one...does that start off the double, then bank around to the top of blockbuster?

And those short shots...I guess I never noticed it, but the back side kind of funnels back into overlook?