Pat's Peak vs Wachusett vs Ragged Mountain for beginner - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by canobie#1 View Post
    ^ I’m lost.....

Ragged has great coverage for their beginner/cruiser terrain. Usually all covered by Christmas vacation if not a couple weeks after.
    I have issues with Ragged's snowmaking, but mostly just the speed with which they do it (which relates to infrastructure more than anything else I think). The snow they make is good and the grooming is as good as any resort which faces the number of freeze/thaw cycles Ragged does. I don't think either of those factors play into the beginner experience for me, IMO.

You guys ski there last year? In the past they had a major water shortage which was largely rectified with the additional pond acreage. They not only covered all of their snowmaking terrain in a reasonable amount of time but went on to drag hoses to two non-snowmaking trails (Crew Cut and Pines).

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    You guys ski there last year? In the past they had a major water shortage which was largely rectified with the additional pond acreage. They not only covered all of their snowmaking terrain in a reasonable amount of time but went on to drag hoses to two non-snowmaking trails (Crew Cut and Pines).
    That would be a great improvement. I haven't been in 2 years. I will have to head back
    Last edited by Smellytele; Nov 22, 2018 at 4:02 PM.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    I was a passholder as recently as two years ago, but went back for a few days in December and January last year. Things didn't seem too different, but I agree the water is a huge improvement for them. The last year I was a passholder they dragged hoses for Crew Cut and i loved that.

Again I generally have zero problem with their snowmaking. Like Canobie said they get a lot covered by Christmas even before this update. Excited to see where their snowmaking goes over the next few years.

Did we overwhelm the original poster?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information