• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is RFID Working for Ikon at Killington Yet?

Zand

Just seeing if I need to head up to the lodge to get a ticket or if I can hop right on the lift from the parking lot.

mister moose

I heard talk in the lift line about this. If you got your Ikon pass generically, it may not have an RFID chip imbedded in it, and you need to go to the ticket window. People who bought their pass through an RFID resort had the pass work by itself. Ticket window is 150 feet from K1, so not that big a deal.

machski

No, they all have RFID embedded in them (Max Pass did as well). It is that the RFID in an Ikon Pass is not compatible right now with Killington's system (same was true with Max last year at Bachelor. Surprise, Bachelor's RFID is a Powdr resort). Not sure if they will get it fixed or when, best to check rather than wait in line at K1 and have it not work.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Zand

Waited in line for a ticket and it's direct to lift now lol. Now we know.