• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue and Shawnee plan to open Black Friday

ERJ-145CA

Just got an e-mail that Blue Mountain is planning to open on on Friday. Shawnee's website says that they are too. Shawnee's less than an hour drive for me so I might take my daughter there on Friday. She's already asking when we're gonna ski

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AlpineZone mobile app

tnt1234

yeah, my kids want to ski saturday, but I think we'll be making the long catskills drive. If blue opens main street, might just do that, but otherwise, seems kind of pointless.

nycskier

Right now it looks like I am going to Shawnee on Saturday with my kid. This will be the 1st season which he will be taller than the counter there so it means I got to buy him a ticket as well. I could drive the extra 30 minutes each way to Big Boulder (which is also open) or 45 minutes to Hunter and ski it for free (since I have the Hunter pass) but 1 1/2 hours is about as far as I want to drive with him for a day trip. Shawnee has their Maxi Misers deal which is 3 anytime tickets for $109. So I will probably just to that. We skied there last year on Dec 2 (which was really the 1st week of the season) and they did an amazing job getting there 1 trail ready. We even saw deer grazing on grass as we went up the chair lift!

BenedictGomez

The fact the Poconos can be getting open around Thanksgiving in any sort of non-WROD fashion is amazing.

tnt1234

Was at Blue today. Had fun. Snow was pretty nice for all man made. Rising temps help. Good on Blue for seeding bumps on main street.
We had a great first day - Nov. PA skiing is a great treat.

asnowmobiler

I was at Blue on Friday and Sunday. Friday was very crowded for the amount of people and the few trails they had open, Sunday there where less people and more trails open. They had upper and lower Main st open on Sunday, so there was a couple of different routs down and the conditions were fantastic.
They are closed till Friday.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I was at Blue on Friday and Sunday. Friday was very crowded for the amount of people and the few trails they had open, Sunday there where less people and more trails open. They had upper and lower Main st open on Sunday, so there was a couple of different routs down and the conditions were fantastic.
They are closed till Friday.

Glad you had good conditions . I hit Blue a few years ago first day pretty much couldn't wait to try out some new skis . They had Main St. open . Most people were pretty good skiers so while crowded felt relatively safe.

We've had a ton of rain since the weekend and 50f temps . Hope the snow holds up