2018-2019 Sunday River - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Had a great day there Thursday.

IMG_8728.jpg

A little uphill travel was most definitely worth it.

Wow!!! What a day for skiing today. When I parked, it registered a minus 11 degrees, so that kept many people away. They had deep groomed packed powder that lasted all day! It simply didn't scrape down as I have come to expect the past couple weeks. If you passed by today, you passed a great day. No wind, so the cold was less of an issue.

The morning started with Jordan on hold, don't know why But it opened up shortly and was some fun!

They are blowing snow on Escapade and Agony, as well as the top of Right Stuff.

I think I'll have to go back tomorrow!
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Wow!!! What a day for skiing today. When I parked, it registered a minus 11 degrees, so that kept many people away. They had deep groomed packed powder that lasted all day! It simply didn't scrape down as I have come to expect the past couple weeks. If you passed by today, you passed a great day. No wind, so the cold was less of an issue.

The morning started with Jordan on hold, don't know why But it opened up shortly and was some fun!

They are blowing snow on Escapade and Agony, as well as the top of Right Stuff.

I think I'll have to go back tomorrow!
    Wow, Agony again! Would love to see them bury that deep for late spring turns on it this year. Been a while since it was deep enough to last to last day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

I skied agony today. They basically dusted it to cover up the few bare spots and make for small whales. It was nice and edge-able. Some really great conditions and no crowds. The cold forecasts are having that effect.
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Wow, Agony again! Would love to see them bury that deep for late spring turns on it this year. Been a while since it was deep enough to last to last day.

Actually Agony for the first time this season. I do not call blowing that 100 yd stretch at the bottom below south paw blowing agony. I also agree that they should cover that thing with a deep base for the spring since that is the best trail once they close all the lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Actually Agony for the first time this season. I do not call blowing that 100 yd stretch at the bottom below south paw blowing agony. I also agree that they should cover that thing with a deep base for the spring since that is the best trail once they close all the lifts.
    Actually, they blew it top to bottom on Monday, Just a covering, no whales, 12-24 hours.

We found fresh blown snow on Lazy river and Tourist trap, top to bottom there. They have snow coming big this weekend, and they are covering the mountain anyways! Gotta love it!

I skied Blind Ambition today, as well as Eureka and Wizard's gulch. The snow off groomed trails is awesome right now. If you wanted to play in some of the glades, this is your chance!
    lovin life,

Bob

I consider Monday and yesterday to be one Blowing. Not two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Felt to me this past weekend that it had seen snowmaking sometime prior to it, the whole length. Pretty sure they hit it some point for the holiday week. The only trails that haven't been hit this year are backside and Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Felt to me this past weekend that it had seen snowmaking sometime prior to it, the whole length. Pretty sure they hit it some point for the holiday week. The only trails that haven't been hit this year are backside and Polaris.

I forget when it was, but my recollection is that they had made snow overnight and shut the guns off around lift opening (quite possibly because people like snow magically appearing on the trail, not coating them as they ride up the lift).
    Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself, unless I'm saying something incredibly dumb, in which case I didn't say anything and you're hallucinating.

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    I forget when it was, but my recollection is that they had made snow overnight and shut the guns off around lift opening (quite possibly because people like snow magically appearing on the trail, not coating them as they ride up the lift).
    Not just customers, lift ops always gets pissed at snowmaking when the hit Agony. DB would love to bury Agony because of it's visibility, but the lift is an issue and getting plastered. Maybe when it gets replaced, they at least install a chair rack to clear the line when they blast Agony.

Thread Information