2018-2019 Sunday River - Page 18

AlpineZone

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I’m ready Attachment 24516
    Are you sure? You look a little sideways!!!

lovin life,

Bob

Grrrr, snowcats have hit Oz. Hate that, just light up Lost Princess again and re-bury it. I don't mind when they make good, dry man-made and don't groom it, natural enough to me Looks like they did not groom Eureka, doubt they put enough man-made on it to groom it. Hopefully they relight that trail up too, especially with WH down. Would also like to see at least Upper Downdraft and Top Gun recovered soon and Shockwave once the Heat Quad is ready without being groomed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

We were riding the Barker chair and the snowmakers were digging out the guns on Agony. I hollered down, are you getting ready to blow snow here? They hollered back, yes all night long. Just my thoughts, with all the trails that need snow and get a lot of traffic, Agony would not be my first priority.

There was no snowmaking actually occurring before 2 PM that I could see yesterday. I see the report says they groomed lost Princess (Basically the skiers right of Tin Woodsman). Probably was so icy and slick on top that to open it they needed a way out for the weekend crowd that might venture down????

The map won't load for me today, so I can really see what has happened overnight.

Yesterday, they had groomed things up pretty well, with extra attention at South Ridge. Outside of that, there were death cookies galore, but tilled enough to ski it. today, one could expect all that to be chewed up real good from the groomers. Looks liek Wednesday we'll get some snow showers. Hopefully, that will be enough to open up the glades again.
    lovin life,

Bob

Actually, 1-3" coming tomorrow supposedly. No snow blown on Agony last night per the report and they do not groom skiers right on TW/LP. It is skiers left closest to the guns (deepest base). Yes, they obviously wanted Oz open this weekend TTB for the Quad to spin, especially with WH still out and all the terrain off the top off limits this weekend (no hiking allowed due to the nature of the work on the Quad). But LP usually covers up very good without the cats if they turn the guns back on. Oz is suppose to be a "natural area" and while snowmaking is not truely natural, it skis batural a bit when it is never groomed. I'm ok with it, as long as they remake TW/LP within a week or so now. They also never touched any of the upper runs with Cats off the top of White Cap the last two days, Obsession yes but only from Snowbound down. Might be a good thing, let them freeze then give it a good groom for a few days before the lift is re-opened. Hopefully they will just re-blow SW.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

WH still down and summit off limits due to "Utility Work.". That sounds electrical work on the lift to me now too. Hmm....

Summit off limits. HA HA HA

Translation: More pow for the good guys and way less traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Summit off limits. HA HA HA

Translation: More pow for the good guys and way less traffic.
    Funny. Probably, just don't get caught. They were advertising the hiking prior to the last few days, so if they asked to keep out, they are probably enforcing it. Boyne has become a bit more insistent on this since last year's late night sledding incident.

Mach, I know what you are saying but most of my group and most of yours will skirt the lift shack and ski over there. What you don't think that monkeybrook and wheeler will be over there if it snows? You would be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Mach, I know what you are saying but most of my group and most of yours will skirt the lift shack and ski over there. What you don't think that monkeybrook and wheeler will be over there if it snows? You would be mistaken.
    I'll probably be right there with them. I think the issue for the mountain is probably that they are using a Cat to maintain line tension while the top return wheel is dropped and is probably sitting behind the terminal next to the patrol shack. I have to figure there are cables stretched from it to the haul rope and since the hiking trail comes over the top that way, that is the concern. Add to it, I don't think they ever groomed anything up there after last week's liquid, so the woods will be good but the trails could still be ugly.

What a day we had today. Cold, so it kept the crowds away, but there wasn't much wind, so there was that. We did some skiing over to Oz and Jordan. We saw a groomer had gone up Tin Woodsman yesterday, but there was no sign of that today. Blind ambition was super soft and nice to ski. Last Tango didn't quite have enough coverage over the stumps and stuff but was still fun. Agony had been blown and the snow was a bit crusty, but folks were busting it up. They groomed Top Gun and in the past, I would have cheered, but I have found lately that I like it natural better.

Snow coming tonight, should be fun tomorrow. The Wednesday locals race challenge is still on at this point!
    lovin life,

Bob

Thread Information