• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2018-2019 Sunday River

2Planker

It's nice that they will open for the 27/28, but it is NOT an extra weekend. That is the original closing weekend advertised on trail maps, in the lodges and online, all season long. SR tried to shorten the season to 4/21 and received a lot of flack for it, and are now staying open as advertised.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

By then it's WildCat or SL anyway....

2Planker

Skiing was awesome today, short lines, I think the British invasion was half of the people here, about 290 people. We skied oz and Blind Ambition multiple times, then took a break about 1:30 or so, then went back out and skied Yetiville and North woods. Done at 3, left it all out there! Awesome day of skiing!

Hot off the SR press...
OPEN across ALL 8 peaks this weekend !

2Planker

Not hot off the press, has been their plan all along for this weekend since they put up the spring operations plan link off the mountain report.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

I know they're serving up the Kool Aid over there.....

Yes, that was the original last weekend, BUT we are all well aware of the Boyne BS they tried to get away with, immediately after the flash sale ended w/ the move up of the last day to 4/21. NOT cool !

Glad that people spoke up, and glad that the conditions will still be excellent.

3-4 weekends left at the Cat, may make a SL trip as well...