2018-2019 Sunday River - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I skied some 3 hours this morning. Fast and crisp after all the rain and the cold temps. Short lines, never mind that, no lines. Windy however, which meant wind holds. But what was open was good.

This weekend, they are aiming for access to the Jordan, there is already access to the Summit, ungroomed though. Today, that means a tough slog back. They are spreading out and blowing snow, notably on Dream maker and Obsession.

lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    I skied some 3 hours this morning. Fast and crisp after all the rain and the cold temps. Short lines, never mind that, no lines. Windy however, which meant wind holds. But what was open was good.

This weekend, they are aiming for access to the Jordan, there is already access to the Summit, ungroomed though. Today, that means a tough slog back. They are spreading out and blowing snow, notably on Dream maker and Obsession.
    TTB on Obsession or still just Snowbound and below?

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    TTB, White Heat Quad opens this weekend

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Sorry for not responding earlier, I'm not getting notifications, for some reason.

Today, they have 44 trails open. And pretty much all of them are groomed. If it ain't groomed, it's as hard as a rock. All the natural skiing is pretty tough and roped off. I went into the trees off Lazy River and came right back out, wow! You can ski out of the Summit okay, but the ski in they are claiming is pretty tough, a friend opted to take the bus back from Southridge the past couple days.

I saw them blowing Rogue Angel and Lolopalooza on one end and Obsession , some of Tempest and Jibe. They are trying to expand to both hotels then fill in in between. They were blowing Dream maker the past few days, I kinda expect that to open for the weekend, as well as Jordan.

Doesn't look like we'll get any natural snow until later next week. Hoping for good things. The river is doing what they can with what got rained on recently. I skied until a little after 2 today and was happy, short lines and all. But be aware that it will scrape off as the afternoons wear on for now.
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I just got this notification, FWIW.

Today, the mountain got a couple inches of powder which made for some nice soft skiing. Looks like they'll be opening some more terrain tomorrow, looking to ski across all 8 peaks. There will be plenty of trails closed in the middle, but you'll be able to spread out.

Ski on!!!
    lovin life,

Bob

Bring your skis with edges. If not, park at White Cap. Everything there accessible today was nice and soft. Hit Barker, Spruce and Escapade late, edges of trail ok but middle, ehh. Risky was good as it has had some Snowmaking. Aurora was on wind hold. Based on what I saw today, I would recommend staying to newly opened terrain.

For all the park fans, T72 was lit up today.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Freshly opened trails skied great today. Nice to have a glad back in play too. A bit crusty but silky snow beneath in Wizard's Gulch. The benefits of no traffic in there until now.

The skiing was surprisingly good today. A couple inches of fluff and groomed. We tried a little bit of the ungroomed areas, and they were..... well, not rock hard, but not soft either. Some folks were lapping Ai Karumba as we rode the Jordan lift. Cold and windy, colder than expected, but nice and sunny.
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    The skiing was surprisingly good today. A couple inches of fluff and groomed. We tried a little bit of the ungroomed areas, and they were..... well, not rock hard, but not soft either. Some folks were lapping Ai Karumba as we rode the Jordan lift. Cold and windy, colder than expected, but nice and sunny.
    You should have skied the naturals in Jordan, they were much better than I thought possible this weekend. Not fluff, but soft after the crust got broken up.

Thread Information