• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 11/21/2018

NYDB

Date(s) Skied: 11/21/2018

Resort or Ski Area: Stratton Mountain Resort

Conditions: Variable

Trip Report:

Closed the Dental office early this week to hit opening day at Stratton.

Went out at 2pm after a morning cruising around on lower mountain with my 6 year old. Even on Yodeler, there was a good amount of ungroomed powder on the sides.

After I got up top later I realized how much snow had accumulated. The snow was adding up as the afternoon went on. Woods are all in play in between or adjacent to the snowmaking trails. Snow squalls were adding up and the sides of the trails were chopped pow/pow bumps.

I was expecting to hit a few things as I went into tree land but it was just mostly bottomless powder. OK, maybe hit a root or two but it was super nice for 11/21. Coverage looked mid winter.

20181121_150000.jpg

20181121_150003.jpg

20181121_151047.jpg

20181121_150006.jpg

Anyway.....going with the oldest tomorrow early for a few runs before turkey..... Probably see what all the hubbub is about at Magic on Fri super early and then bring the oldest on Sat when the lifts spin.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Really great opening weekend here in So VT.

Sorry the pics are crooked. I'll figure it out later. Time for some bourbon

Last edited:

slatham

Date(s) Skied: 11/21/2018

Resort or Ski Area: Stratton Mountain Resort

Conditions: Variable

Trip Report:

Closed the Dental office early this week to hit opening day at Stratton.

Went out at 2pm after a morning cruising around on lower mountain with my 6 year old. Even on Yodeler, there was a good amount of ungroomed powder on the sides.

After I got up top later I realized how much snow had accumulated. The snow was adding up as the afternoon went on. Woods are all in play in between or adjacent to the snowmaking trails. Snow squalls were adding up and the sides of the trails were chopped pow/pow bumps.

I was expecting to hit a few things as I went into tree land but it was just mostly bottomless powder. OK, maybe hit a root or two but it was super nice for 11/21. Coverage looked mid winter.

View attachment 24166

View attachment 24167

View attachment 24168

View attachment 24169

Anyway.....going with the oldest tomorrow early for a few runs before turkey..... Probably see what all the hubbub is about at Magic on Fri super early and then bring the oldest on Sat when the lifts spin.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Really great opening weekend here in So VT.

Sorry the pics are crooked. I'll figure it out later. Time for some bourbon

Looks sweet. Just got up here so will investigate nearby tomorrow. FYI Magic is only open Saturday.