• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 11-21-18

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Wow...beautiful day for November at Mount Snow. 10" had fallen since close on Sunday. Packed powder on groomers, chopped pow and a good amount of fresh on naturals. Patrol was not dropping ropes which was kinda a shame if you're a law-abiding skier like myself...usually. I sampled a lot of closed trails that I know to be OK for streams and rocks. Beautiful. Uncles was my favorite trail of the day. I had maybe the 4th set of tracks down Cutoff at noon. Boulder Pile on the North Face skied great. "Legal" naturals were Challenger and Ledge. Both were nice early but got scraped to dirt later in the day. Very soft bumps were forming with the traffic. Groomers like Lodge and Long John were packed powder and super edgable. Crowds were very minimal with the Bluebird having a 1-2 minute wait in the morning. I was quite surprised with all the snow. Neither Challenger nor the Bluebird were running in very good shape, interestingly. Challenger stopped with us 2 chairs from the top and we watched the lifty climb up to the motor room 5 times before getting the lift to run. On the Bluebird we were stuck for quite a few minutes and passed a mechanic working on the comm line on top of one of the towers. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out before the crowds arrive just a couple weeks away...

One of my favorite views at Mount Snow. Looking down Challenger at Somerset Reservoir. I don't remember ever being able to ski Challenger so early in the season that the lake is unfrozen!!!
IMG_20181121_094319184.jpg

Nice afternoon sun/snow squall looking up Ledge. It's bony but very fun.
IMG_20181121_153956230.jpg

Edd

I started my season there yesterday, and did some runs with Chuckstah. I was struggling with boot pain but the conditions were phenomenal. Tons of easy turns and some fresh 6-10” pow on the sides of a few trails. It’s always nice to start your season wearing pow skis.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

It certainly was a nice day. Uncle's and Challenger skied nicely, as did pretty much everything else It was great to meet and take some runs with Edd. Here's a pic of Uncle's later in the day. Screenshot_20181121-220115.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk