Tenney - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenney

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    I wonder if pass buyers are aware what they're getting into. Unless there have been many undocumented changes (and things have happened that the major snowmaking vendors don't know about), they are going to again be largely natural snow only.
    I was going to ask if you knew... is Tenney the only place left in NH trying to pump water with diesel pumps?

There are others, but not many... Wildcat has all new diesel boosters in their new mid mountain pump house that they put in a few years ago. They can't get 3 phase up there.

But no one else is trying to use equipment that sat there for 6 years and was vandalized/robbed of copper and lost their grandfathered DES operating permits. I also haven't heard of any significant used or new equipment purchases for on hill either. Coupled with no snowmaking to date, I am very skeptical of the whole thing. I of course, hope I am 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    Yes thats about right, but they are skiing Waterville again this year. My daughter is pissed as she wanted Cannon, Its been WV the past few years !
    Wow. Great deal!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    There are others, but not many... Wildcat has all new diesel boosters in their new mid mountain pump house that they put in a few years ago. They can't get 3 phase up there.

But no one else is trying to use equipment that sat there for 6 years and was vandalized/robbed of copper and lost their grandfathered DES operating permits. I also haven't heard of any significant used or new equipment purchases for on hill either. Coupled with no snowmaking to date, I am very skeptical of the whole thing. I of course, hope I am 100% wrong.
    I thought he replaced those pumps last year or so?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I believe if I remember what he posted on FB was, he replaced the dead diesel with another used one, from one of their old air compressors, changed some piping in the pumphouse to close the loop so they have a functioning return loop. They had a video at some point of running it and bringing it up to pressure, and testing their welding repairs to on on-hill pipe.

Not sure if they used that for snowmaking on the tubing run last year, or the portable/fire truck setup.
    Last edited by MEtoVTSkier; Nov 27, 2018 at 4:37 AM.

I buy it was $209

He had 6 Cummins - 2 compressors and 4 pumps, 2 of which were boosters. They've swamped some motors around due to damage, not sure what's working and what's not. I do know they used the smaller of the wet pit pumps on the tubing hill in the past and to test welding repairs.

Now that folks mention it, I have noticed as of late that we don't see any groomers (they were leasing some nice PB units I think) or snowmaking equipment being used or at least tested.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Now that folks mention it, I have noticed as of late that we don't see any groomers (they were leasing some nice PB units I think) or snowmaking equipment being used or at least tested.
    Just that one Prinoth they had delivered last year.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    The PBs got repoed during the mess his former partner caused didnt they? The one prinoth they have now is probably more than enough for the limited groomable terrain

Thread Information