Tenney

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenney

Tenney

https://www.skitenney.com/
    While I agree that the size of the mountain does go with the prices. The Mtn has to gain some customers back. Those prices won't get me there as their repetition has to be re-established.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

True, $75 seems like a steep price for an unproven product. I guess you could consider part of the ticket price a donation towards the rebuild costs? Also, they're absolutely giving away seasons passes at $389 right now.

The early spring buy was $229

$75? Not sure I ever paid that much for a ticket being primarily a midweek skier, and always having a pass. If Tenney proves successful this year with both a long enough season and snowmaking on multiple routes, I'd consider a cheap pass there next season. They should get on the Freedom pass. That would add a lot of value.

Quote Originally Posted by KD7000 View Post
    True, $75 seems like a steep price for an unproven product. I guess you could consider part of the ticket price a donation towards the rebuild costs? Also, they're absolutely giving away seasons passes at $389 right now.
    Ragged is the same market and was charging $250 early buy. They've got two high speed lifts and major snowmaking investments.

I bought a pass at Tenney the last two years it was open. $99. Skied there 5-6 times each year when the natural snow was good.

I'm thinking anything over $199 for a pass and $40 for a day ticket is too steep until they prove themselves.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Does seem high. $25 a day for an NH college student--great buy. I imagine that they are obviously targetting PSU.

They just opened the Bar and Restaurant in the lodge. The FB videos show decent crowds turning out. That is good for them.

And I am not seeing any mention of night skiing. I also saw that they are not a part of SkiNH.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Does seem high. $25 a day for an NH college student--great buy. I imagine that they are obviously targetting PSU.

They just opened the Bar and Restaurant in the lodge. The FB videos show decent crowds turning out. That is good for them.
    My understanding of PSU skiing program via Rivercoil (he works for PSU) is the student body votes on a home mountain for the season each fall. The options have been Waterville, Loon or Cannon in recent years. Tenney in the past as well. The mountain chosen for the season is where PSU provides transportation to. $7 a day ala Carte. Not a pass product.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    My understanding of PSU skiing program via Rivercoil (he works for PSU) is the student body votes on a home mountain for the season each fall. The options have been Waterville, Loon or Cannon in recent years. Tenney in the past as well. The mountain chosen for the season is where PSU provides transportation to. $7 a day ala Carte. Not a pass product.

So if the students choose Loon a student pays $7 a day to ski there?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    So if the students choose Loon a student pays $7 a day to ski there?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Yes thats about right, but they are skiing Waterville again this year. My daughter is pissed as she wanted Cannon, Its been WV the past few years !

I wonder if pass buyers are aware what they're getting into. Unless there have been many undocumented changes (and things have happened that the major snowmaking vendors don't know about), they are going to again be largely natural snow only.

Thread Information