• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FINALLY bought a new mountain bike

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Ok the irony is in FL now there are NO mountains. But still, I picked up a Breezer Thunder Expert 29er from Nashbar on clearance (it's a 2015 bike) for $~600 and change, hardtail. Normal price is around $1400, has deore xt components and a rockshox gold 30 fork so it's good for the price. I will miss full suspension but for the riding I do here I think that will be just fine esp with the 29" wheels. There are some fun trails in the area that are developed and managed quite a bit so I'm looking forward to going for a spin. I used to mountain bike all-the-time and am excited to get back on the bike again!

Bene288

There’s something very raw and very real about a good hardtail. More fun than a full squish in my opinion. How are you like the 29” set up?