Alta wants your support - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    +1

If they are hungry for more visits/revenue, they'd allow snowboarding already.

Three other things not mentioned:

1. How do the areas amicably split revenue?

2. Does One Wasatch bring in that many more tourists that normally ski/ride elsewhere that there's a big lift in revenue for all that will offset the increased operating costs and up front investment?

3. I have been told the best skiing experience you can have at Alta/Bird is when you are "snowed in" while the road is closed for avalanche control. That partially goes away with an interconnect.

I have skied Europe. It's certainly cool to ski between towns and even countries. I suspect in Europe most locals don't bother. I suspect in Utah that will also be the case with locals. Especially if there is a cost increase.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    On your #3, interlodges would still be a thing. My thoughts were that during an average or above average season there would be a ton of days the interconnection wouldn’t be open. I doubt the interconnect or secondary terrain would be a priority for mitigation work.

This could be problematic for people planning to stay at different areas throughout their vacation.

What would be the reason for the interconnect to be closed a ton of days?

I'd think you'd want it open every day that weather allows from 12/26 to 4/1.

[QUOTE=deadheadskier;1011212]What would be the reason for the interconnect to be closed a ton of days?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app[/QUOT

Reread my post.

[QUOTE=raisingarizona;1011213]
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    What would be the reason for the interconnect to be closed a ton of days?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app[/QUOT

Reread my post.
    Does a prior post of yours explain your position better? Because the one I was responding to was pretty vague. Hence the question.

[QUOTE=deadheadskier;1011214]
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Does a prior post of yours explain your position better? Because the one I was responding to was pretty vague. Hence the question.

Mitigation work means avalanche mitigation efforts. Iím curious how the interconnect zones would be managed. Itís already difficult enough to get terrain open at all four LCC and BCC resorts during average seasons with poor stability so this adds another part to that equation. I imagine when they are getting cycled for weeks at a time with a more upside down continental type snowpack it might be challenging to keep the whole interconnection reliable. Iím not saying itís such a negative aspect that itís not doable but it definitely creates more work.

Ever spend a season in LCC? Shit can get a little crazy up there when big cycles come through. Thereís already a metric shit ton of $ thrown at keeping those places functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Ever spend a season in LCC? Shit can get a little crazy up there when big cycles come through.
    I hope to one day experience such trauma.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I hope to one day experience such trauma.
    Haha! Itís pretty fun, especially when the road is closed but the mountain opens up for the lodge guests.

Thread Information