• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Knee problem? solution?

ThinkSnow

The video is missing an important component- before & after. There is no comparison to how a person would ski without the devices on. Oh, and no bumps either.

BenedictGomez

The video is missing an important component- before & after. There is no comparison to how a person would ski without the devices on. Oh, and no bumps either.

I mean, I imagine if you need to resort to an artificial knee just to enjoy recreational skiing, tackling mogul fields probably isnt a concern.

ThinkSnow

I didn't mean mogul fields-- just something other than perfectly flat trails, which is all the video shows. Ya know- bumpy snow- like where its piled up at the base & you have to get through it before taking your skis off to go into the lodge. That kinda thing.

Jully

I find this a very interesting application, but am a good bit skeptical as to how effective it might be too. It basically looks like an adaptable/souped up unloaded brace, which can be effective. Regardless of actual effectiveness the potential market (skiing and beyond) is HUGE, so it makes sense that it'd get funding regardless of its physiologic impact.