• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/1/18 Mount Snow

drjeff

WOW!! That about sums it up!

PERFECT weather!! Sunny, comfortable temps, no wind. Soft, natural snow as the primary surface. Trees in play, early day untracked powder to be found. Didn't even mind the crowds as it was just one of those days where you really appreciated being outside and enjoying the sport we all love dearly!IMG_20181201_161041_784.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

laxski

It was a Special SkiDay but as a 20 year passholder and property owner the weekend crowds worry me.

drjeff

It was a Special SkiDay but as a 20 year passholder and property owner the weekend crowds worry me.
Agree. I am going to fully reserve judgement until after the arrival and training of the foreign seasonal employees and the mountain is able to get all lifts and services open.

The start of this season has seen crowds at time that approach full mid season weekend crowds. Add in the limited to no services at time (or parking) at Carinthia due to the new lodge construction, Sundance Lodge not coming on line for the season yet, the GREAT snow and Snowmaking firepower adding to the demand, the increased number of Peak related passes sold to people who live within a reasonable driving distance, and you get what we have at times seen this season so far. In one sense for Peak, it's a "good problem" to have from a business standpoint, in another sense, it has exposed quite clearly at times the problem that limited services and lift capacity due to staffing can play with an expanding base of passholders, and passholders who anecdotally atleast seem to be using their passes more in the early season than before

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

MommaBear

I was stuck in a condo assoc meeting. Checked in with my son around noon, his response: Conditions are good, crowds are terrible. Certainly looked like an incredible day to be out there. My son came back last night and said it rained most of the day on Sunday, but that it was a great day because the snow was good and there were NO crowds. Looks like we are going to be seeking out mid week days this year.

Glenn

Pic looks amazing considering how early in the season it is.