• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MRG pic request

gmcunni

I may have asked this before but still looking, please indulge me.

many many many years ago skiing at MRG with a group of friends. We came to a point where trail when in 2 directions and there was a wooden sign that said "Advanced Skiers Only -->>". the sign was a long, a narrow board on 2 wooden posts, kind if like a split rail fence.

I'd really like to find a picture of this sign, does anyone have a pic of this? google search as failed me.

BenedictGomez

Is that where the intermediate/expert split occurs on Antelope?

Folks could definitely get screwed accidentally going expert there, zero escape option the entire way down.

raisingarizona

Folks could definitely get screwed accidentally going expert there, zero escape option the entire way down.

It’s a god damn death trap. I made that mistake back in 92. I was working on my stem Christie that day, happy as can be doing ski drills on the groomers and then out of nowhere I was thrown into right into the mogul filled palms of the devil hisself. It took me three more hours to navigate that hellish descent barely coming out alive. No thank you sir, I’ll stick to the frontside groomers of Mount Snow, that mogul mashing is for the youngins.

gmcunni

i can't remember, it was so long ago and i never really learned my way around the mountain, having only skied there a handful of times.

I joke with my friends from that day, which is why i seek the photo. I got there first, stood in front of the "advanced" part of the sign and directed everyone to go "that way"... when we got the bottom i explained what i did and they weren't happy (it was not a fun run for the group).