• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley 12/8

slatham

Well waaayyy better than expected. I guess the combo of Sunday/Monday not being too terrible, plus plenty of recent natural to absorb the rain, and then plenty of time to drain (closed during the week). And of course 3-4” this week to groom into the more frozen granular made all the difference. Skiing like midwinter, firm but carvable, cold but sunny (and it’s the sun mountain so it really shined today). Several natural trails open, including a couple that had been groomed and a couple that had not. Terrain covered with snowmaking is more like late December than December 8th and they are expanding aggressively before this cold snap snaps. 3rd consecutive weekend with outstanding skiing for February.....

Not many pics, but here are some whales on the soon to be opened Lower Thruway.

DEA4FD43-3059-4473-AE31-6DE8A694D3AD.jpg

Glenn

Nice. We were at Stratton yesterday and I looked over at Bromley wondering how things were. Thanks for the report.

slatham

How were the crowds at Stratton? I had wanted to get over there on an “off” weekend and yesterday was to be the day but various factors prevented.....

Handlebars

Crowds today aren’t bad. Sunday’s are usually quieter than Saturday’s. Can’t wait for the snowbowl lift to finally be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

How were the crowds at Stratton? I had wanted to get over there on an “off” weekend and yesterday was to be the day but various factors prevented.....

The wait at Amex wasn't too bad. I thought it was slightly busy for early season. Ursa didn't have much of a wait at all. Shooting Star was ski on. This was on Saturday which as mentioned, is a bit busier than Sundays.