• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "News of the Weird" Thread

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com

legalskier

Literal GPS

Lawnside driver follows GPS into head-on collision
*** Samantha Goodman Gardiner, 31, told officers she was heading east on Sherman Avenue...on her way to...Fitness Connection...when her GPS directed her to turn left.
So she did, police said.
However, the directions were a bit off. As Gardiner made the turn onto a dirt road opposite the ...Center entrance on Sherman Avenue, she crashed into an oncoming car. *** Police noted the dirt road was two-tenths of a mile west of the Fitness Connection, which is at the corner of Sherman Avenue and Orchard Road.

Full story: http://www.courierpostonline.com/ar...NION02/Driver-follows-GPS-into-a-car-accident

Ya just can't make this stuff up.
:dunce:

legalskier

Euthanized puppy rises from the dead

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...zed_puppy_rises_from_dead_seeks_new_home.html

alg_dog.jpg

"Wall-E"

bvibert

Staff member
This may have been posted before, as it seems vaguely familiar, but it's funny none the less.

Top story on CNN.

FOLLOW UP: The note was actually left by her granddaughter. The note was a joke, but Jean Mansel takes everything seriously and called the news. Jean is very unhappy about the situation and she doesn't think it was funny at all!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Oh man I read news all the time on Google Reader and sometimes the stuff that comes in is so bizarre. I'll remember to bring it here to share with everyone next time I come across a gem ;)