• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "News of the Weird" Thread

drjeff

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/08/20/bear.death.reut/index.html

Bears eat man at beer festival Story Highlights
A 23-year old Serb was found dead and half-eaten in bear cage

Naked body was found in enclosure at Belgrade Zoo

Zookeepers believe man was drunk or drugged
Next Article in World »

BELGRADE, Serbia (Reuters) -- A 23-year old Serb was found dead and half-eaten in the bear cage of Belgrade Zoo at the weekend during the annual beer festival.

The man was found naked, with his clothes lying intact inside the cage. Two adult bears, Masha and Misha, had dragged the body to their feeding corner and reacted angrily when keepers tried to recover it.

"There's a good chance he was drunk or drugged. Only an idiot would jump into the bear cage," zoo director Vuk Bojovic told Reuters.

Local media reported that police found several mobile phones inside the cage, as well as bricks, stones and beer cans

:beer: :eek: :rolleyes: :beer:

ctenidae

"I would love to have an eel like this at home. This is very nature-friendly," said visitor Harumi Yayoi.

Yes, keeping wild animals captive is absolutely nature friendly.
And then you can eat them.

How big would an unimaginably large Christmas tree be, anyway? I just can't imagine it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I realize this could be considered as a political post, but that's not my intention. Regardless of my political views this is hysterical (and would be if the names were reversed also).

Baby named Sarah McCain Palin
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66550&catid=2
A new father has secretly named his baby girl Sarah McCain Palin after the Republican ticket for president and vice president.
Mark Ciptak of Elizabethton put that name on the documents for the girl's birth certificate, ignoring the name Ava Grace, which he and his wife had picked earlier.
"I don't think she believes me yet," he told the Kingsport Times-News for a story to be published Tuesday. "It's going to take some more convincing."
Ciptak, a blood bank employee for the American Red Cross, said he named his third child after John McCain and Sarah Palin to "to get the word out" about the campaign.
"I took one for the cause," he said. "I can't give a lot of financial support for the (McCain/Palin) campaign. I do have a sign up in my yard, but I can do very little."

Last edited: