• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "News of the Weird" Thread

Glenn

I think they just do this stuff for PR. It always garners attention.

jimk

snake-reptile-1-Holly-King.jpg

They got some big, hungry critters down there in Australia: https://www.foxnews.com/science/deadly-snake-spotted-devouring-huge-lizard-on-australian-beach

Ssdadam

I like this thread,it's one of the few pleasures I get in between boring jobs.

jimk

This isn't so weird as it is amazing.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! Three guys in a Mercedes specially equipped for speed, endurance and police avoidance broke the record for the "Cannonball Run," an illegal cross-country drive from New York to Los Angeles. They started their drive on November 11 at 12:57 a.m. in Manhattan and ended in Redondo Beach in 27 hours and 25 minutes later. They used an oversize gas tank and stopped only four times during the drive for a total of 22 minutes. They averaged 103 MPH with a max speed of 193 MPH!

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cannonball-run-drive-new-record/index.html

Last edited:

jimk

Another story that is not so weird as it is impressive. Queen Elizabeth goes for a horse ride in late May 2020 at age 94.
200531173923-01-queen-elizabeth-horse-ride-0530-super-tease.jpg
In my book that's like seeing a 94 year old on the ski slopes. Her offspring may be a little messed up, but she's a very impressive lady.

jimk

Four year old girl swept out to sea on inflatable unicorn rescued by Greek ferry boat crew. Link includes video.

SheriGoddart75

Website
menopausecoach.com
Another story that is not so weird as it is impressive. Queen Elizabeth goes for a horse ride in late May 2020 at age 94.
View attachment 26910
In my book that's like seeing a 94 year old on the ski slopes. Her offspring may be a little messed up, but she's a very impressive lady.
I guess when I am 94 years old, I will only get to the toilet maximum if I live.
Everyone should have the same health as hers)