damage report from yesterday's rain? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    48897667_1981500545261434_1772293854985191424_n.jpg

Very interesting for the weather nuts out there.....

So. VT took 1,2,3!

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I was at Snow yesterday too your description of the conditions is spot on. The sleet actually accumulated enough later in the afternoon to make some of the natural trails ski pretty well.
    i was there too...nice to have the bubble during those squalls...wish i'd known you were there! we'll be heading back up in early feb for another mon-tues visit.

That graph is something else. I just checked the yearly precip total on my SoVT weather station.... 54.76".
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post
    i was there too...nice to have the bubble during those squalls...wish i'd known you were there! we'll be heading back up in early feb for another mon-tues visit.
    Give me a heads up next time.

Went only because a buddy wanted to ski and he has a Peaks pass; I was up at K anyway so easy to get there.

Wildcat went from 42 trails to 23 trails today. Black Mountain went from open to closed.

Jay ... 80 to 70

Quote Originally Posted by 56fish View Post
    Jay ... 80 to 70
    They are claiming it's snow there now and they will get a foot by tomorrow. Wondering if that is true - we're in stowe and thinking about making the drive. Stowe was rough today. Conditions were awful of course, and all the lifts but that meadows quad were closed by 1-2.

...And Pico is down to 9 trails for Sunday.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    ...And Pico is down to 9 trails for Sunday.
    Could be out of snow but closing the trails during a thaw helps preserve snow which some ski areas do.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    They are claiming it's snow there now and they will get a foot by tomorrow. Wondering if that is true - we're in stowe and thinking about making the drive. Stowe was rough today. Conditions were awful of course, and all the lifts but that meadows quad were closed by 1-2.
    Just saw this... very confused. Anyone there/have better info? I'm in Bethel right now which is only 2:40 from Jay. I'd 100% go tomorrow rather than deal with the icy trash that will be weekend crowds + icy mess groomers that will be everywhere in ME and NH tomorrow.

Thread Information