• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Toddlers

fnees

I hope you allow me to call playing on the snow as Other Outdoor Sports, but couldnt find a better place to post.
We are taking our little kids (3yr11 twins) to see the snow for the first time. When I was a child and lived on the cold we had
home made sleds of the sort and used it anywhere, including pathways. It was fun!
I dont want to bother people (or risk my youngsters) on ski resort lifts and tracks, just wanted some cliffs to run down and a sled or similar. Is this possible in Southern Vermont? Or Albany area? Can I rent kids sleds?
Sorry for the newbie question, but all I can find is tubbing, very expensive and only for 2hrs!

bigbog

If you ever head up to Sugarloaf and have your desired sled(s) along...
Just outside of Kingfield, southside, there is a nice medium size hill beginning just off #16...no sled rentals around that I know of...but from the side of the road it is a nice smooth drop and runout across a huge field...
fwiw..
EDIT: Yep, it is indeed the Kingfield Golf Course...

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Why not bring them snow tubing? I know you said you didn't want the ski area hassle but a dedicated snow tubing area is probably the safest and most fun option. And it's a dedicated tube sliding area. Probably cheaper than trying to rent a sled too (not even sure that's an option).

Unless you meant tubing when you typed "tubbing" in which case never mind.

skiur

Some ski resorts also have golf courses, this may fit what you are looking for. I like to throw on some snowshoes and take the dog for a walk on the golf course at Killington. If you have a large dog you can have it pull the kids on the sled across the golf course.