Ikon Works At Pico! - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Why wouldn't it be?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Why wouldn't it be?
    No reason I can think of but maybe Im remembering it wrong. I thought Id read here last season that the Ikon was good at K but not Pico.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    No reason I can think of but maybe Im remembering it wrong. I thought Id read here last season that the Ikon was good at K but not Pico.
    Pico is part of K.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Pico is part of K.
    Im aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    No reason I can think of but maybe I’m remembering it wrong. I thought I’d read here last season that the Ikon was good at K but not Pico.
    Correct. I don't remember the exact timeframe, but initially IKON was only valid at Killington and not Pico. That has since changed.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Why wouldn't it be?
    Initially Alterra only wanted “Iconic” mountains on their pass and they didn’t think Pico fit into the profile of what they wanted.

After hearing feedback from their customer base, Killington management told Alterra there was a demand for Pico in their customer base and Alterra agreed.

Do Ikon passholders get 5/7 days at Killington + 5/7 days at Pico, for a total of 10/14 days ? or 5/7 days total ?

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    Initially Alterra only wanted “Iconic” mountains on their pass and they didn’t think Pico fit into the profile of what they wanted.

After hearing feedback from their customer base, Killington management told Alterra there was a demand for Pico in their customer base and Alterra agreed.
    You're completely correct. I'm one of the people who reached out to Alterra at the beginning of last season to let them know that I would prefer it if I could ski at either K or Pico during my allotted days. Clearly others felt the same. It works out great for Powdr if someone uses an Ikon day at Pico.

I agree with Kusty though, skiing at K is a much better value. I also try and save some K days for the late season when they're the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    Correct. I don't remember the exact timeframe, but initially IKON was only valid at Killington and not Pico. That has since changed.
    Thank you.

Thread Information