Ikon Works At Pico! - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    Correct. I don't remember the exact timeframe, but initially IKON was only valid at Killington and not Pico. That has since changed.
    I would have expected that it would have been the other way around because they need to drive traffic to Pico.

And FWIW Pico is a legit mountain IMHO.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Pico is awesome. 2000 vertical with minimal runout is a better t2b than anything at k. some fun woods. some legit steps on giant killer and poma line. fun untracked runs accessible by simple 3 min hike when they (often) don’t run the double. no crowds. chill lodge. love

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I'm a big fan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I would have expected that it would have been the other way around because they need to drive traffic to Pico.

The initial decision was Alterra’s not Killington/Pico’s.

Pico and Mt. Ellen are similar in my book...overhyped but still very very good places to ski. I try to hit both of them 2-4 times a year each. But that said they aren't as good as their respective "motherships" as some people make them out to be. JMO...
    2019-2020 19 days and counting...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23 Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13 Pico: 12/19 Mohawk: 12/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Pico and Mt. Ellen are similar in my book...overhyped but still very very good places to ski. I try to hit both of them 2-4 times a year each. But that said they aren't as good as their respective "motherships" as some people make them out to be. JMO...
    Overhyped? Huh?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

i wouldnt call either of them overhyped, but i definitely have a strong preference for mount ellen over lincoln peak, and i think some others here have said the same, so that may be the "overhype". lincoln peak is a shitshow on the weekends and i tend to avoid it.

I've never heard anyone say Pico is overhyped.

I prefer Mt Ellen as well I would say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    i wouldnt call either of them overhyped, but i definitely have a strong preference for mount ellen over lincoln peak, and i think some others here have said the same, so that may be the "overhype". lincoln peak is a shitshow on the weekends and i tend to avoid it.
    There certainly are fans in here of Mount Ellen and Pico. Perhaps that was what he was saying? If anything is overhyped, it is Lincoln Peak and Killington IMHO.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Pico and Mt. Ellen are similar in my book...overhyped
    Poor choice of words.

Neither had been "hyped" by anyone. Both are refuge from weekend crowds on their "respected mothership".

Like indy mountains, they have their own merit. Many prefer the individual character of such mountains. But if you think anyone who prefers non-mega resorts are "hyping" ANY smaller places, it's your own mindset that you read things that were not said.

Thread Information