Take your kids out of school for a powder day? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You don't have to around here. We live in a rural area and some roads just aren't as well maintained as others, so school gets canceled quick.
    lovin life,

Bob

No friends on a powder day and that goes double for kids. I have been known to take em out on a blue bird day after the powder day though. They are so tiny, the trees are better for them if there are some tracks, anyway.

Always got pulled for a week as a kid and continued the tradition with my own. Let's face it, December week and February week are pretty jammed at the resorts so not exactly the best family ski weeks. That said, advanced notice was always given and most teachers offered homework to keep up or further education while on vacation. That probably doesn't apply to powder days, but seems to fit with the direction this thread has taken.
    Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 HD (All Mountain)
    Rossignol Hero Master M18 (GS Carver)
    Rossignol Soul 7 HD (Off Piste) 136/106/126
    Rossignol Super 7 (Snorkel) 140/116/130

We eat to crap and we crap to fertilize earth. Which translates to: we go to school to prepare for college, and we go to college to get a job.
    Screw the system, live for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Before my kids were in High School I used to pull them on a few random Fridays or if a spectacular pow day was in the making. Pulled them for a couple of days in middle school to go to Jackson Hole. Those are memories that my family will always cherish. Now that they are both in HS, the workload has increased and the consequences are higher. They don't like to miss school because they feel they will be too far behind as the school work comes fast and furious.

We have done this with our kids - mental releif days. One left in high school and still do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sdrabott View Post

We eat to crap and we crap to fertilize earth.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    Before my kids were in High School I used to pull them on a few random Fridays or if a spectacular pow day was in the making. Pulled them for a couple of days in middle school to go to Jackson Hole. Those are memories that my family will always cherish. Now that they are both in HS, the workload has increased and the consequences are higher. They don't like to miss school because they feel they will be too far behind as the school work comes fast and furious.
    This has been our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    We have done this with our kids - mental releif days. One left in high school and still do it.

Feeling like the bad parent!

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information