• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Take your kids out of school for a powder day?

rebel1916

No friends on a powder day and that goes double for kids. I have been known to take em out on a blue bird day after the powder day though. They are so tiny, the trees are better for them if there are some tracks, anyway.

Cheese

Always got pulled for a week as a kid and continued the tradition with my own. Let's face it, December week and February week are pretty jammed at the resorts so not exactly the best family ski weeks. That said, advanced notice was always given and most teachers offered homework to keep up or further education while on vacation. That probably doesn't apply to powder days, but seems to fit with the direction this thread has taken.

sdrabott

We eat to crap and we crap to fertilize earth. Which translates to: we go to school to prepare for college, and we go to college to get a job.
Screw the system, live for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikec142

Before my kids were in High School I used to pull them on a few random Fridays or if a spectacular pow day was in the making. Pulled them for a couple of days in middle school to go to Jackson Hole. Those are memories that my family will always cherish. Now that they are both in HS, the workload has increased and the consequences are higher. They don't like to miss school because they feel they will be too far behind as the school work comes fast and furious.

BenedictGomez

We eat to crap and we crap to fertilize earth.

giphy.webp

VTKilarney

Before my kids were in High School I used to pull them on a few random Fridays or if a spectacular pow day was in the making. Pulled them for a couple of days in middle school to go to Jackson Hole. Those are memories that my family will always cherish. Now that they are both in HS, the workload has increased and the consequences are higher. They don't like to miss school because they feel they will be too far behind as the school work comes fast and furious.

This has been our experience.