• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 12/23/2018

Ol Dirty Noodle

Conditions: lots of fresh man made under the guns, some icy hardpack in the shade or where guns were lacking.

Got there around 8:15 parked at carinithia and hopped right on Nitro surprised at how empty it was, then we skied long john to the main base area and promptly met a wall tourists.

Some runs were as sketchy as belt parkway at hunter with downed tourists and people just stopping and standing dead in the middle of a run. A couple of the runs I skied while making my across the mountain were so icy and scraped I was sure I was on a closed trail but no. Overall I was impressed with the recovery after the storm.
ROTD was Cascade.

drjeff

Conditions: lots of fresh man made under the guns, some icy hardpack in the shade or where guns were lacking.

Got there around 8:15 parked at carinithia and hopped right on Nitro surprised at how empty it was, then we skied long john to the main base area and promptly met a wall tourists.

Some runs were as sketchy as belt parkway at hunter with downed tourists and people just stopping and standing dead in the middle of a run. A couple of the runs I skied while making my across the mountain were so icy and scraped I was sure I was on a closed trail but no. Overall I was impressed with the recovery after the storm.
ROTD was Cascade.

They're recovery ability is certainly impressive!

And as an FYI, those of us regulars who were out yesterday considered that a light to maybe a moderate crowd by Mount Snow standards on hill volume wise. The lack of on hill courtesy and at times just general awareness of one's surroundings at times yesterday where in peak mid- Holiday week form for sure... Let the Holiday week shenanagins begin!