• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Year’s Day

Ol Dirty Noodle

It’s looking like a total wash out everywhere I’m checking, how far north does every one reckon the skiing will be good???

Glenn

Probably pretty far north if based on recent NWS forecasts. That's still a few days out; probably more accurate by later this weekend.

chuckstah

Am I missing something? All I see is a small chance of snow showers New Year's day in ski country?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Ol Dirty Noodle

Am I missing something? All I see is a small chance of snow showers New Year's day in ski country?

Depends on where your looking, NY Catskills, Berkshires and south VT all showing 35-45 degree temps and rain

chuckstah

Depends on where your looking, NY Catskills, Berkshires and south VT all showing 35-45 degree temps and rain
Makes sense. I'm looking at Killington north, and the Whites, although I've been toying with the idea of Hunter for my first time. I think I'll wait for a midweek storm to drive South to ski.

mfi

This saturday will be the best day to ski. Rain and warm temps friday and sunny saturday with above freezing temps makes it..the only day I see as decent..then it freezes solid saturday night.
This season so far ..kind of sux compared to last.

drjeff

This saturday will be the best day to ski. Rain and warm temps friday and sunny saturday with above freezing temps makes it..the only day I see as decent..then it freezes solid saturday night.
This season so far ..kind of sux compared to last.

Hopefully that time frame will hold this week! Last Saturday, the freeze up was also forecasted for sometime in the afternoon, and it ended up hitting shortly before 1st chair....

chuckstah

I've been looking at this thread as the title says, New Year's day. Saturday may be good, at least early. Sunday will be a skied off mess in no time most everywhere, imo. Monday and Tuesday, to early to tell. But it likely won't be stellar.

mister moose

I would look at the snowmaking powerhouses. Mt Snow, Stratton, Okemo, Killington. It's going to be about recovery, not latitude.

machski

I would look at the snowmaking powerhouses. Mt Snow, Stratton, Okemo, Killington. It's going to be about recovery, not latitude.
Not necessarily any longer. Starting to look like Wildcat and Northeast into Maine could stay mostly if not all snow. Very similar setup now to some of the early November storms that did likewise. Low could still track too far North, but as of now a bit of hope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

catherine

Seriously thinking about Monday at Loon but don’t want to ski on an ice rink. Too early in the season to get hurt. Should I stay or should I go? (Love that song!��)

Ol Dirty Noodle

Fuck it Bellayre is getting snow tonight into tomorrow, just convinced the mrs. to leave her sister’s wedding early tonight to ride tomorrow[emoji41] told her she needs to get in shape for our smuggs trip the 21st

crazy

Fuck it Bellayre is getting snow tonight into tomorrow, just convinced the mrs. to leave her sister’s wedding early tonight to ride tomorrow[emoji41] told her she needs to get in shape for our smuggs trip the 21st

I do not mean to be a downer, but on OpenSnow they are forecasting 0" tonight and 0-1" tomorrow during the day at Bellayre. Not sure if that's worth having your Mrs. leave her sister's wedding for.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Clearly you don’t know my sister in law lol, no it’s not really leaving early we live 20 min away from the venue, just means we won’t be the absolute last people here as per usual