• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hey everyone new to forum

Piste_inyoFace

Apologize if I’m posting in the wrong section but I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jimmy and I joined today. Started skiing in high school but took a break for years to raise my daughter. Got back into it hard about 4 years ago. I’m a mid week season pass holder at killington & frequent Hunter as well. I also really like Windham, Whiteface, & MT Snow. Once in a blue I’ll hit okemo or Stratton but rather go elsewhere if I had my choice ..lol. Good to meet everyone & looking forward to using the Forum:razz:

IceEidolon

Forget looking for an alternative, just try Magic because it has legit terrain and an awesome vibe, plus Throwback Thursday tix.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

Piste_inyoFace

Welcome to the forum. If you have encountered the legendary Blue Boy at Hunter, please post your experiences in one of these threads:

https://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/140306-Blue-Boy-Update
https://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/141117-Blue-Boy-Photo

Also if you are looking for an alternative to Stratton and Okemo, check out Magic Mountain

Lmao I have never seen or heard of Blue Boy but from what I’m reading he can’t be hard to miss..I’ll report any sightings ����

Yes I’ve been thinking about trying magic mountain. Heard good things

BenedictGomez

If he skis Hunter, the much closer place for "throwback vibe" (even more than Magic), no crowds, and solid terrain, would be Plattekill (not that he shouldnt try Magic, which is also great).

cdskier

If he skis Hunter, the much closer place for "throwback vibe" (even more than Magic), no crowds, and solid terrain, would be Plattekill (not that he shouldnt try Magic, which is also great).

Good call on Platty. This year just need to wait a bit more for some snow though as they don't have a ton open yet. Platty is a terrific option in the Catskills though when they are fully open.