• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 1-2-19

medfordmike

I have not been to Stowe in a few years. It is one of my favorites but it is far for a day trip and expensive. I replaced my Max+Pico combo from last year with Epic Local + Pico for this year. So with one obstacle down headed up today. Bluebird skies with a "high" of 15 but very little wind so the temps were fine with me. Far from dead with a lot of people who took the New Years week off like I did but certainly not weekend busy.

Run of the Day was Perry Merrill. They had guns on it that were putting out nice dry snow that was not sticky at all. The terrain off the main gondola was really the best today I hit. The stuff off the Forerunner was fine but definitely firmer and I did go to Spruce and it was sunny over there but nothing special. Liftline was ok lots of "cookies" but worth a trip down. The blue runs you access from the Forerunner were machine packed as you would expect but fun. Overall had a great day and it reminded me that I need to make the effort to get up there.

Stowe2.jpg
Stowe1.jpg
Stowe3.jpg

Glenn

I've been there in the summer...never the winter. Really need to take a trip there one of these days.

xlr8r

I'm headed there tomorrow for 3 straight days this weekend. Will be my first time to Stowe, finally will get to try it out now that I have an Epic Local pass. Looks like they got 6" last night, looking forward to it.

mfi

Headed there tonight for 3 days. Hope they get more runs open. Need the Goat!

mfi

Should be good this weekend. Going to Hit SB on Friday though, free midweek pass to use.

Edd

It's the truth! Haven't skied there yet.

I hope you do. Stowe is impressive in all of the ways. Less crowded than MS or Stratton. Different feel, although I haven’t sampled the Epic crowd thing.

Glenn

We should give it a go. I think it's under 2 hours from our place. Within day trip range for sure.

kingslug

Pretty good so far today..lot of ice under the new snow though. Next weekend will be much better with almost a foot predicted.

xlr8r

Pretty good so far today..lot of ice under the new snow though. Next weekend will be much better with almost a foot predicted.

Agreed, good snow today on top of an icy base. Only really skied half a day after driving up this morning, stuck to mostly blues to get my bearings on the mountain being my first time to Stowe. Thought Perry Merrill skied the best until about 3:00 when they opened up Main Street top to bottom after being closed for racing. Lots of nice snow on the sides of that trail which had not been touched all day.

mfi

Gondi side is usually better, they blew the hell out of it.
Chin Clip was sporty.