Terrain Park Etiquette

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terrain Park Etiquette

Folks, how about chiming in for me. What is the etiquette of using a terrain park. Obviously, look before you leap and don't crash into someone else, etc....

What I am mostly concerned about, is it okay to use a terrain park if I don't get big air? I don't use the metal features, as I see them as a bit rough on the edges of my skis. But I do like going over the hills, get a little air, and occasionally, getting a little more than I expected. In the half pipe, I might get halfway up the wall or so, never gotten air on that.

Clearly, if someone or a group is there who can rock the park, I'll stay on the side and watch! I'll let them clear out and then do my thing.

I have had a park maintainer ask us to stay to the sides and not chew up the launch pads to the features (early in season and launches were a tad soft). I said sure, I can do that, if you're willing to show me how you guys use the features. I followed down the side, front row seat, loved it and kept clear of the launch pads. Really, I like the roller coaster rides over the series of hills they have. I'm likely to never hit a kicker, at least on purpose.

Your thoughts, please?

lovin life,

Bob

If you are over 40, dont go in at all unless you are accompanying your minor child.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

Not exactly sure what you're trying to do. The hits of today are really designed to be hit solid so if you were to throttle back, you wouldn't make the landing. That's why most resorts have small, medium and large hits in separate areas. Hitting a small jump large or a large jump small isn't going to end well. Head for the park that has "your size" jumps.

If you're hitting the knolls, ramps or jumps designed to get onto a rail, barrel or other stationary object just to get air then I'd say you're in the wrong. Go to the areas mentioned above if you're trying to jump.

As for the half pipe, wait in line, once it's your turn to drop, it's yours. If you catch up to someone, back off as they have the right of way. If someone is on your tail, they're in the wrong for not waiting long enough but don't get hurt standing your ground.
    Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 HD (All Mountain)
    Rossignol Hero Master M18 (GS Carver)
    Rossignol Soul 7 HD (Off Piste) 136/106/126
    Rossignol Super 7 (Snorkel) 140/116/130

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    If you are over 40, dont go in at all unless you are accompanying your minor child.

That's a big pile of Dirt. I'm a lot closer to 60 than 50, and if I want to hit the park, I'm hittin' the park. What's there a FN age limit now?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    That's a big pile of Dirt. I'm a lot closer to 60 than 50, and if I want to hit the park, I'm hittin' the park. What's there a FN age limit now?
    Yea that’s got to be sarcasm as I’m 40; my child is definitely not a minor anymore; and I crush it in the park

As to OP question...like the signs say, be smart & start small. Nothing wrong with u taking a lap and side jumping off the Ramps and not using the features. Sure some may roll your eyes at you but those guys are just asshats. Everyone has to start somewhere. Don’t feel intimidated....also very important— don’t stop in a landing area. Make sure u are clear off all landing areas and u really shouldn’t have a problem. Just be respectful of everyone and wait for everyone ahead of you to go before you do.

You paid for your ticket/pass so you have just as much right to go in the park as anyone else. Just don't make any dangerous situations and be aware.

Yeah, i was just kidding. Have fun out there old timers.

Stay out of landing areas!!! Seriously. Just by doing that you are ahead of a lot of people of all ages I encounter in the parks. Also try not to jump off the sides of little kickers for rails/boxes as those deteriorate quickly and that makes it more difficult for those hitting the full feature. If you want a jump that size, most places will have a small or "progression" park which is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgard View Post
    Stay out of landing areas!!! Seriously. Just by doing that you are ahead of a lot of people of all ages I encounter in the parks.
    I live by the looking before you leap. This means uphill, downhill and sideways. You'd think the sense of self preservation would kick in for folks who stop at the bottom of the landing areas or in the landing areas.
    lovin life,

Bob

Thread Information