Recommended NE mountains with decent accomodations for adult non-skiers - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rutland. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today.

Thanks @deadheadskier,

Looked at North Conway and it's a short drive to Cranmore, less than 30 min to Wildcat and Attatish.
    Going to check into it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiSnowboarderInNH View Post
    Thanks @deadheadskier,

Looked at North Conway and it's a short drive to Cranmore, less than 30 min to Wildcat and Attatish.
    Are you the WMUR anchor? Only other person from Hawaii I know of in NH.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Rutland is a cesspool, enough with this nonsense. Yuck.
    My Son calls it RutVegas. Went to Castleton for 4 years.

I would not recommend Jay Peak. They have a water park and an ice skating rink and a lot of trees. Also, groomers are not why anyone goes there.

Lake Placid: Shopping and all the Olympics history, bobsled run, freestyle skiing training facility, Olympic ice rink,nice town mostly walkable. Whiteface is steepish and mostly groomed. Racers love it. Can be true to it's nickname- Iceface.

Stowe: Good shuttle bus system. Lots of intermediate priced hotels and motels on bus route. Really nice multi use trail. Lots of shopping and dining. Take her to Trapp Family Lodge...the hills are alive... Alchemist Brewing if you want to carry out cans hard to get, super hoppy IPA's. Trapp Brew Pub if you like a nice dunkel. Great skiing of all stripes on a big mountain with good grooming and snowmaking.

North Conway: Haven't been is so long I can't really comment other than lots of outlet shopping and good access to some spectacular scenery in the White Mountains. The local ski areas are, I think, smaller than Stowe and Whiteface though Sunday River is not far.

It is a generalization, but often holds true, that Northern VT gets more snow than NH and LP.
    form is a 4 letter word

Thanks all for helping me formulate a plan.

Just add some (real) snow already.. ..

leave her home and enjoy the new furniture when you get back.

Just add some (real) snow already.. ..
    We just had a great storm that gave 18+ inches at some places

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Thanks @deadheadskier,

Best suggestion in thread imho. Look for lodging with shuttle to some of the mountains. Or stay at the inn downtown.

Also, she could drop off and pick you up at Cranmore, Attitash, or Wildcat. Bretton Woods and Loon a little further.
    G.N.A.R.

I have to agree with Lake Placid/Whiteface and Stowe- your wife could stay in town while you make the short trip to the mountain. Another option would be to stay in Stratton and ski at Magic or even Pico, two underrated mountains with good steeps, though they're south of your target area.

If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Thread Information