Attitash Summit Triple Problems 2018-2019 - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    With repaired snowmaking on Wildred's the upper mountain can handle a HSQ with properly spaced out carriers to control capacity. To me the ride time is the biggest issue, outside of obvious recent reliability concerns.
    Exactly, just build a HSQ with very wide chair spacing, give it less capacity even than the current triple. People all the time think a new new HSQ means more capacity, it does not. Also it would be an easy adjustment to then add more chairs on the lift to increase capacity in the future if Attitash ever cuts more trails off the summit.

Another weekend coming without the Summit Triple. They are in the process removing the bullwheel. I think this will be the 6th weekend without the lift already this season.

Looks like they already have plenty of excuses why the lift won't be replaced. From John Lowell in the Conway Daily Sun article:
    Asked if there are plans to replace the Summit Triple with a high-speed detachable lift, given the CTEC’s slowness even when it is running properly, Lowell said replacement has been discussed for many years but that ultimately it is a decision Peak Resorts of Wildwood, Mo. — owner of Attitash and Wildcat, among many other ski areas — will make one way or the other. “There’s nothing concrete on the table right now to replace that lift … There are two major lift companies still in existence (Poma and Doppelmayr) and both are backed up in manufacturing,” Lowell said. He said there is probably a two-year wait for lifts right now. “So, even if that were a decision, it couldn’t possibly happen for next season,” he said.

https://www.conwaydailysun.com/news/...5ccd6d2c6.html

Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    Another weekend coming without the Summit Triple. They are in the process removing the bullwheel. I think this will be the 6th weekend without the lift already this season.
    Ok so new bullwheel, new electronics, new drive motor? Can someone make a list of the stuff they haven't replaced yet? Because it seems like they have more new stuff retrofitted on there than original equipment.

Peaks is unbelievably cheap when it comes to NH. Even putting a loading carpet to speed up the ride time would be something. At this point the Top Notch double was faster and more reliable! Should have kept that lift!

So it's 2019, Attitash still has a 15 minute lift ride thats over a mile long. Wildcat still has rusty water thats undrinkable. But it's ok though, because Hunter just installed their second 6 person lift to please people from New York City---that can't even handle the steepness of the new terrain.

/End rant

Stick a fork in it....

https://www.attitash.com/blog/lifts-/new-blog-61/

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Wow! I do like Attitash is giving the play by play, as it were. I wish Sunday River had done the same with the top of the White Heat Quad.
    lovin life,

Bob

I like this phrase:

"Obviously some piece failed way before the end of its usable life, and we’re going to be interested to figure out how and why it did to prevent this from happening on this lift, as well as other lifts by this manufacturer."

Yes, I'd be pretty interested if a crucial asset failed after only 5 years of service during the very narrow window to make money off of it. And I'd be interested to know how interested my lawyers could get about it.

I wonder what the net change in ski lifts running in New England over the past 10 years is. Magic re-opened, Ascutney closed, small places like Granite Gorge closed, Haystack is, well TBD. Tenney kind of reopened. How many areas have gotten actual new lifts vs. just shuffling around the same tired inventory?

Ok. So what exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

In reply to the the post directly prior to mine.

So more or less lifts?

I don't ski a huge range of areas - western Whites, Wa-Wachusett,... Of those, the new gondola at Bretton is I think the only recent addition in the past decade? Much like our nation's inventory of bridges, I worry that a lot ski areas are coasting along on old lifts without any good capital investment plans to replacement them before they fail.

Thread Information