Attitash Summit Triple Problems 2018-2019 - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Pat's may get a nice boost in business from those not interested in Epic, but only time will tell. I have a full season to decide, as I live right near the triangle of the 3, and I'm Epic this season, like it or not. All options will be considered next year.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app
    I could see this going either way. Their season pass looks less appealing than it did two weeks ago. A day ticket on a Saturday is a different story. I also don't know how to handicap the intensity with which Vail will go after Pat's night business. My guess is they won't try that hard.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Speaking of Crotched and Sunapee, could you imagine being Pats Peak and waking up last week to see that your two closest competitors are now owned by Vail?
    Cranmore is in a similar situation but they’ve enjoyed some real investments in the base area in recent years. They’re also more family focused than Cat/Attitash luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Yeah I would have expected either a Toll House parking expansion and lift update or some rework of the capacity between the 4runner and that triple. Not gonna happen until at least next summer now.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    I'd like to see the triple go to HS6. Plenty of trail capacity over there and it would help reduce lines on the Forerunner. I'd leave Lookout double as is for wind hold insurance

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Speaking of Crotched and Sunapee, could you imagine being Pats Peak and waking up last week to see that your two closest competitors are now owned by Vail?
    The Patenaude's aren't sweating any bullets over it. Business as usual for them. Snowmaking, snowmaking and snowmaking and affordable lift improvements. Theyll keep printing money.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    The Patenaude's aren't sweating any bullets over it. Business as usual for them. Snowmaking, snowmaking and snowmaking and affordable lift improvements. Theyll keep printing money.
    The school programs there I imagine are such money makers and Vail I doubt will try to grab that market too much.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Crotched though. Never was crowded before and there isn't a ton of parking. It is mega out of the way, so I don't see it ever getting TOO crowded. Also anyone else think Midnight Madness might be gone?

Ragged too for that matter.

I would think Pat's will be fine, maybe even an uptick in business, especially night skiing if Vail increases Crotched's ticket price substantially. Should be interesting to see. We looked at a night of night skiing at Park City when we were out this past February on our Ikons, a single night was ridiculously priced for the limited terrain offered. We passed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Funny, I looked at crotched's web site today and there is now no mention of Vail or the epic pass. Only seasons pass options listed are the Peaks passes. Have to go to Facebook to see Vail mentioned. Strange!

Added edit: this is now the same for all Peaks areas
    Last edited by Quietman; Jul 29, 2019 at 12:57 PM.

Thread Information