Towns near Stratton or Mt.Snow - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That is true. Most resorts have an access road longer than the distance Okemo's main base is to town. And then once you're off the access road, you still have a 5-10 minute+ drive to get to "town". Ludlow is pretty covenient to the lifts.

Londonderry has a supermarket and a decent selection of restaurants within a 5 mile radius

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I dont think Shaw's is terrible, but for whatever reason, the uber-nice grocery store chains have not made it to Vermont yet.

Nothing like Wegman's, etc......
    Im at platinum status at my local wegmans lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Manchester might be the only Southern VT town where people don’t fvck their sisters for Meth.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Ludlow is one of the more/most unique VT villages when one considers amenities and distance from lifts of a “resort”. I am hard pressed to recall a town like Ludlow that is less than 10 minutes from lifts. Stowe, Waitsfield and Wilmington are probably the closest comps....
    North Conway. 1 ski area in Town (Cranmore), 3 ski areas within 10 minutes (Black, Attitash, King Pine) and 2 more within 20 (Wildcat, Shawnee Peak)
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

As someone else already pointed out, it is pretty hard to beat the Epic Pass. The Ikon is going to be pretty similar price. I imagine that Mount Snow will be relatively close as well.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    North Conway. 1 ski area in Town (Cranmore), 3 ski areas within 10 minutes (Black, Attitash, King Pine) and 2 more within 20 (Wildcat, Shawnee Peak)
    Yes. Pretty damn hard to beat the access of North Conway. I always loved North Conway for multiple reasons.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    ...don't all of those mountains have about the same ticket price ?
    That was my first thought... Plus the Epic local pass gives unlimited access to Okemo. Isn't that pass cheaper than the previous Okemo ones? A few weekends of use and the pass is paid for.

For amenities, you're probably looking at Dover/Willmington or Manchester.
    SoVT

No advice for original question but Lincoln, NH is “real town” with Price Chopper, restaurants, shops, super quick access to Loon and decent to Cannon.

Thread Information