Le Massif and Mont-Sainte-Anne - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Le Massif is awesome.

The 'Sectors' are really, really nice. You can link a few together with a little hiking in teh middle and have about 2000' vert. feet of glade skiing....

Of the lift served glades, I liked skiers left of '42' the best. The ones in teh middle under the gondi line are nice as well.

If you like good beer, bring a cooler.

really special place...I heard the town north of LM is really fun - forget teh name of it now. But it means more driving....
    That would be the town I mentioned Baie St. Paul. It's an easy drive from Le Massif. There's a micro brewery there that had some good beer. One thing about the language, that far north, English is not spoken very much, even though almost everyone can speak it. Don't just start yapping English with the locals, at least say Bon Jour and at least ask if they speak English. How would like some one from Mexico coming to your town and start speaking in Spanish to you as if it's your first language? If you stay in Quebec City, you'll have a lot more driving to do to get to skiing, especially Le Massif, but it can be done as a day trip. By the time you got out of Quebec City and to Le Massif, about 1 1/2 hours. You could stay in Quebec city your first night, ski Mont Ste. Anne the next day, stay there the 2nd night or in Baie St Paul and then ski Le Massif your third day. If you can ski a fourth day, it would really be worth it.

Another really cool place in Quebec City is Oncle Antoine, lower town. It's built into walls that must be hundreds of years old. Most of the tourist attractions are centered around Upper Town and Lower Town, connected by a steep funicular. Upper Town has fortifications all around it that were built between the 1600's to 1800's. The streets in Lower Town are some of the oldest streets in North America. Next to Upper Town are the Plains of Abraham, where a famous battle between the English and French was fought there is 1858, the final battle of the French and Indian war. The Plains border the St. Lawrence river on one side and there's a really good network of cross country ski trails there.

https://www.facebook.com/oncleantoine/

Thanks very much for the helpful advice everyone. I hope to post some good pics.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

We liked Le Massif better than Mt. St. Anne when we visited and snow was better. We stayed in a great place about 20 minutes from the hill (there are no hotels at Le Massif) in Baie St Paul called Le Germain. https://www.legermainhotels.com/en/charlevoix/

The hotel was very nice and with good food option on-site and in the small quaint town center. The last station for the train from Québec city is actually in the hotel (with ski lockers in the train station) though the train wasn't running when we were there. The train stops at Le Massif when it's running. So you can take that if you don't feel like driving 20 minutes.

Agree with trying a few French words. They appreciate it

They most all speak English and are some of the most friendly people I have been around

Thread Information