Killington to Replace North Ridge (Glades) Triple Chair - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    So was Stratton and BW and add the debacle at Copper

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    Clearly a top drive. Engineers. Is there an engineering advantage to a top drive? It would seem touting the drive closer to the base would make maintenance cheaper.
    I thought it was something to do with pulling directly on the loaded side of the lift, not the slack of the downhill unloaded side.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    I thought it was something to do with pulling directly on the loaded side of the lift, not the slack of the downhill unloaded side.
    Is this more energy efficient or is it just for the sake of it sagging less.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Yes. A top drive is more efficient. Accessibility for maintenance is also a consideration. Since Canyon Quad is a top load, and it is relatively close to the top of K-1, that was probably another consideration.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Adding onto Killington's weekend crowds and capacity, the mountain does a better job spreading out guests than most East Coast resorts. Adding this extra capacity really won't do much during peak season, even on the weekends. As for the early season, this would be huge. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Upper Ridge Run get a snowmaking line installed to help for the early season crowds. Its a nice little natural trail but its not a major loss if it becomes man-made.

Quote Originally Posted by canobie#1 View Post
    Adding onto Killington's weekend crowds and capacity, the mountain does a better job spreading out guests than most East Coast resorts. Adding this extra capacity really won't do much during peak season, even on the weekends. As for the early season, this would be huge. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Upper Ridge Run get a snowmaking line installed to help for the early season crowds. Its a nice little natural trail but its not a major loss if it becomes man-made.

Bite your tongue! We already lost pipe dream and great bear to snowmaking this year. There aren't many intermediate natural snow trails left at K. If we lost west glade then vagabond is really all thats left for people to learn how to ski natural bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    then vagabond is really all thats left for people to learn how to ski natural bumps.
    Unless it snows?
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Unless it snows?
    Even with fresh snow they dont ski the same with a man made base under them unless it dumps over a foot, and how often does that happen?

Ridge Run is not a very memorable trail to being with. Giving it a base early on in the season can really help control the crowds on rime and reason. Vagabond is far more bumped out than ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Even with fresh snow they dont ski the same with a man made base under them unless it dumps over a foot, and how often does that happen?
    +1

It's night and day as the season goes on

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information