Killington to Replace North Ridge (Glades) Triple Chair

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Killington to Replace North Ridge (Glades) Triple Chair

According to the VT ACT 250 database, Killington has filed an application to replace the North Ridge triple chair with a FG quad.

https://anrweb.vt.gov/ANR/vtANR/Act2...x?Num=1R0062-1
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Interesting. I don't think I've ever waited more than a minute or two to get on that lift even on busy days. Maybe the triple is just coming to the end of its lifespan?

Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    Interesting. I don't think I've ever waited more than a minute or two to get on that lift even on busy days. Maybe the triple is just coming to the end of its lifespan?
    That lift looks really old. It has that weird basement motor room setup.

Also this lift is a Poma the design includes a drawing of the powered terminal which looks like the heavens gate chair from 1983. After 35 years you would think they would have made some changes.

While the lift doesn't see much traffic during the midseason, it is the primary lift through all of October, November and sometimes even parts of December. There have been times where the line during early season is 10-15 minutes long just to get on the chairlift. I bet it has reached the end of its useful life.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnye View Post
    While the lift doesn't see much traffic during the midseason, it is the primary lift through all of October, November and sometimes even parts of December. There have been times where the line during early season is 10-15 minutes long just to get on the chairlift. I bet it has reached the end of its useful life.
    sometimes longer than 10-15. The real issue there early season is the lift line configuration is a little hokey. I hope they reconfigure the loading/lift line.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Not surprising. That is an old lift!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

More investment by K in skiing infrastructure. A+ job on their end.

One might think Powdrs owner came into an inheritance or something.....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Live, Ski, or Die!

A quad there makes sense early season but it wont make much of a dent if K is the only 1 open. Mid winter that is mainly doubles/singles.
    Glade and Snowdon triple are serious battle wagon lifts. Amazed they have lasted this long without major issues.

Application suggests that it will be a bottom-drive lift. I wonder why? The current one is top-drive, and Canyon Quad is top-drive

Thread Information