• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski boot covers for the cold

Edd

Anyone use these regularly and recommend them? I swear I’ve seen them talked about here but my search on the app isn’t finding anything.

speden

DryGuy Boot Gloves. I love 'em on really cold days.

Edd

They’re working out well on the first day. One of my feet got a bit chilly but it’s a high of 13 where I’m at. Came in for a break and my feet are on fire after 20 minutes inside. Not using toe warmers. I just despise them. This is a better solution.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

I view my pair in the follow way... They won't stop your feet from getting cold on a cold day, however they will allow you to get more runs in before your feet eventually get cold!

Pro tip, take them off when you go in for a break for 2 reasons. 1) wearing them around in the base lodge will put extra wear on the strap that goes across the sole of your boots and 2) if your feet are cold/cool when you in for a break, at that point inside the lodge, the neoprene of the boot glove will act like a thermos to hold the cold in (the reverse happens when you put them on when your feet are warm, then the neoprene acts to help hold the warmth in)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiingInABlueDream

1 more vote for the boot gloves here. I don't use them too often because I generally don't get cold feet, but when it's super cold and I do use them, I'm always amazed at the mixed message between my feet and everywhere else. Feet will be saying it's like 10 degrees warmer than everything else. They absolutely work in my experience.