• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Seasonal Skllsi Development Program for Kids

boston_yeti

Seasonal Skills Development Program for Kids

Hello,

We live outside Boston.

My kids 11 and 8 are new to skiing and within one season last year became intermediate level at Wachusett.

Both are interested in developing their skills and I'm looking for seasonal programs for kids in NH or VT.

Does anyone have any thoughts on any program / ski resort etc. ? We have been going to Wachusett because it's close by. However, there are limited trails and very little of fresh natural snow.

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Yeti.

Last edited:

thebigo

My daughter is in her second year of the mountain development program at crotched, it has been a great experience. Same coaches both years, they engage the kids, she now has friends at the mountain and can ski anything.

WWF-VT

Are you looking at these programs as an option for the daily drive from the Boston area or committing to a weekend/seasonal program at a mountain ?

boston_yeti

Yes. Driving on either Saturday or Sunday as long as the program is good. We are in metro west.

Chances of decent snow conditions are much better up north.