• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mountain 1/13/19

MG Skier

Ok, finally a pause in the day to write this up. I am a black out season pass holder and I have not been up to Magic in about a month. I arrived about 8:45, lot 2, and managed to find a place in the lodge to boot up. The lodge looks great, added space is a plus! I was out on the snow about 9:00 and took my first ride on the green chair. The ride is nice and smooth and really crosses some interesting trails. Btw I skied right on, even with the racers using that lift. Grooming was excellent and the natural ungroomed trails weren’t too bad either. Did about 4-5 runs before a break and Tali was amazing!

After break I travelled red and green and started working through the easier glades. Enough snow minus the tail end of the run. My bases seemed to survive ok. I never waited more than a chair or two and that was only a few times. Ski on ski off all day. Lunch and first quarter Pats was great. Headed back out to lap a few trails and do some practice turns since it was quiet.

Trails of the day: Tali, Trick both ski very fun without bumps, but I like those too! Disappearing act was very good as well. Show off was even fun after the race, last plenty of snow. To recap: great snow quality, excellent grooming, 2 lifts running well = great day!

Attachments

• Red Chair.jpg
    Red Chair.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

MG Skier

Sorry Folks, not that my pictures were thrilling but I am fighting with my phone/computer to get them right side up. I'll try again later.

Meant to add. Looks like the Magic folks went through a lot to get Green up and running over the last 2 years. Lots of (what looked like) new footings, tower shortening, new hardware everywhere, and painting. I enjoy the multi colored towers too. I can deal with some unpainted towers to gain a lift!