• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Boy has pass pulled at Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!

skiur

If someone come too close to me while I am skiing I am ready to push back, if you are gonna hit me I am gonna give you a hockey style check before you do, I am not trying to hurt anyone but if its me or you and it is your fault and you are an adult then its gonna be you. If the guy is doing this to kids then that is a different story all together. Most incidents can be avoided....when I am skiing a busy trail I pay more attention to the skiing around me then my own so I can be ready to avoid out of control others or if unavoidable to protect myself when needed. Awareness of your surroundings is most important especially on busy trails. Same can be said for driving a car.

snowitall1

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
Did anyone hear the story about a passholder who lambasted the management for the issues with the new terrain on FB, then got his pass money refunded and told he’s no longer allowed to ski at Hunter?
If true that is pretty damn pathetic......talk shit about management and get banned for life, put peoples lives in danger and only get banned for 2 weeks!!!

Clarifying some rumors ... for a friend...

1. "Zhe" :wink:is welcome to purchase a day pass and ski at Hunter...the part about "not being able to ski at Hunter" is not true. It is the season passholders pass which has allegedly been blocked.

The issue had nothing to do with the new terrain...and there was NO talk of new terrain on FB...that was never an issue.

2. There is no "banned for life"....

Zhe thanks you for the recognition and looks forward to skiing with zher friends again soon...after nearly 4 decades as a dedicated, passholder and full time resident homeowner, tax payer in the community for over 3 decades...a stand up citizen in the community...

In the meantime Zhe welcomes free drinks and any contributions to day tickets are greatly appreciated. :daffy::razz::spread::beer:

Last edited:

crazy

I wonder what the legality of that is? They are basically singling out an individual and mandating they pay a higher rate for their product.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Businesses are allowed to deny service to individuals, although they legally aren't allowed to discriminate based on certain factors, including race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation (it varies by state). I don't know the circumstances of this case, so I can't say whether it was legal or not. I will say that it would undoubtedly be cheaper to continue buying day passes than hiring a legal team to litigate this against Peaks Resorts, though if the person in question has a lot of money, they could choose to do this to send a message.

skiur

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
Did anyone hear the story about a passholder who lambasted the management for the issues with the new terrain on FB, then got his pass money refunded and told he’s no longer allowed to ski at Hunter?
If true that is pretty damn pathetic......talk shit about management and get banned for life, put peoples lives in danger and only get banned for 2 weeks!!!

Clarifying some rumors ... for a friend...

1. "Zhe" :wink:is welcome to purchase a day pass and ski at Hunter...the part about "not being able to ski at Hunter" is not true. It is the season passholders pass which has allegedly been blocked.

The issue had nothing to do with the new terrain...and there was NO talk of new terrain on FB...that was never an issue.

2. There is no "banned for life"....

Zhe thanks you for the recognition and looks forward to skiing with zher friends again soon...after nearly 4 decades as a dedicated, passholder and full time resident homeowner, tax payer in the community for over 3 decades...a stand up citizen in the community...

In the meantime Zhe welcomes free drinks and any contributions to day tickets are greatly appreciated. :daffy::razz::spread::beer:

If I had a pass and they took it away but told me I can still get day tickets I would tell them to go fuck themselves and never give them another penny.....but that's just me..... Zhe sounds like a fool.