Speculation about MLK weekend storm.... - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Yeah, valid concerns.
    Joe Cioffi just put this out, he's on-board with my thinking:

Regardless of the outcome, New York City and parts of the Tri-State, including Long Island, are going to be in a precarious situation Sunday night and Monday. We’re almost better off getting that 12-18″ of all snow than any changeover to mix or liquid.

A deep freeze is coming Sunday night into Monday; and for all of you old folks out there like me, if we get any liquid or mix involved in this, it’ll look like the episode of Tom & Jerry when they froze the kitchen.
    I'm hoping for a dramatic change in the next 48 hours.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Latest discussion on "Chasing Snow" is up.
    Great write-up and analysis---definitely helps us plan. Looks like Ragged (where I will be all wknd) is in a good spot!

2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    Luckily I know how to ski my home mountain (Mount Snow) with minimal human interaction and I plan on keeping it that way!
    With skins before opening?

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    It will probably be the one of the most crowded powder days for New England in a couple of years... but hey weekends like this pays the bills and builds the bubble lifts so no complaining necessary.

Luckily I know how to ski my home mountain (Mount Snow) with minimal human interaction and I plan on keeping it that way!
    The "good" thing is even in non powder days on Holiday weekends, a good percentage of the couple of time a year masses over do their under used ski muscles on Saturday, then only take a few runs on Sunday and often bag Monday. Add in a bunch of powder, and my guess is that demographic takes even less runs than normal on Sun/Monday!!

Sunday night though, ski area bars may be quite full with football fans though...

The Bruce Jaques show at Mount Snow in Cuzzin's could be even wilder than usual for sure!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

I'm with Drjeff. Add in some frigid temps and wind and i think the bigger problem will be keeping warm. Only die hards will be skiing, although the mountain lodges and parking lots will be packed. Pro tip-wear your bat thermal underwear-and allow your package to warm up in the lodge for a while before attempting to pee-----shrinkage factor.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I'm hoping my house in CT stays in the sleet zone and not into the rain zone (it looks like I'm hoping my house in CT stays in the sleet zone and not into the rain zone (it looks like it's going to be close right now) or else when I get home from VT Monday evening, I may not be able to find the asphalt of my driveway until the multi-day run of above freezing temps!!

My house is definitely in the rain zone.

Im feeling quite conflicted. Though the ski condition is looking rather horrible. Staying home may not be any safer either...

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    I'm with Drjeff. Add in some frigid temps and wind and i think the bigger problem will be keeping warm. Only die hards will be skiing, although the mountain lodges and parking lots will be packed. Pro tip-wear your bat thermal underwear-and allow your package to warm up in the lodge for a while before attempting to pee-----shrinkage factor.
    As me and my dental school friends who I have season tickets to the Patriots say on COLD weather game days when "nature calls".... Keep tugging at various layers until it feels good, and then you know it's time to go!! Lol!!!

And on a side note, if the Patriots were hosting the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP on Sunday night, given the forecast, how CRAZY would that game be?!?!

On the flip side, I'm glad Sunday evening, all I have to do while in VT is walk about 100 yards down the street in my condo complex to my friends condo who offered to host a party for the Pats game!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Looking pretty good for SoVT according to NWS...12-20"....with up to two feet in the Southern Greens.

We won't be heading up this weekend, so we're riding this out in the flatlands. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually venture up north tonight for the long weekend.
    SoVT

This is funny..I'm hoping for 8 to 10 in Wyoming and it looks like parts round here may get up to 2 feet. Well I hope so ..nothing like coming back to a buried East.
    Frozen granular?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Looking pretty good for SoVT according to NWS...12-20"....with up to two feet in the Southern Greens.

We won't be heading up this weekend, so we're riding this out in the flatlands. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually venture up north tonight for the long weekend.
    anecdotal evidence of course, but pretty much everyone I have talked to is going skiing this weekend.

It's going to be jammed. I expect sunday AM to see cars in ditches everywhere.

Thread Information