• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Speculation about MLK weekend storm....

tnt1234

Is this for real?

Ice or snow in the Catskills?

Huge in N.Vt?

Total miss?

Let's speculate!

cdskier

I predict that the timing sucks as it screws up me driving home from VT on Sunday (I'm not off on Monday). So a big snowstorm may ironically be the cause of me missing a weekend of skiing.

Pretty good agreement between the models from what I've seen that something will happen...exactly who gets what is the big question.

abc

I don’t quite like what I’m seeing. So hoping for some change in timing...

My Ikon base pass is blackout for both Saturday (which I can’t ski anyway due to other factors) and Sunday (wish I could). So I’m hoping it will come 12 hrs later so I can take advantage of it on Monday! Hahaha.

Zand

Think this will be pretty good for all of New England. Looks to hug the coast...might mix in SNE but a ton of cold air to work with too. At this point VT, NH, and ME should get the yardsticks out. Hopefully it doesn't start trending from where it is forecasted now.

drjeff

Starting to trend warmer on the front end of Sunday.... Not the best scenario.... Still 5 days out though, and with Sunday's storm, sure looks like it will have plenty of moisture to work with

Ol Dirty Noodle

I’ll be at Smuggs 21st-26th, it’ll be cold up there all week plenty of snowmaking and more natural expected

tnt1234

I predict that the timing sucks as it screws up me driving home from VT on Sunday (I'm not off on Monday). So a big snowstorm may ironically be the cause of me missing a weekend of skiing.

Pretty good agreement between the models from what I've seen that something will happen...exactly who gets what is the big question.

Yeah, I work Monday as well....

But I might get a room in the catskills for Saturday night if I can find one. That's about as far as I want to drive home Sunday night (3hrs+- for me).

Seems worth the shot right now.

Right now, look

NYDB

If this storm delivers the goods, I hope everyone stays home Sunday because they are afraid of a nightmare drive home and potentially missing out on the NFL games

cdskier

Yeah, I work Monday as well....

But I might get a room in the catskills for Saturday night if I can find one. That's about as far as I want to drive home Sunday night (3hrs+- for me).

Seems worth the shot right now.

Right now, look

Cats would be about 2 hours for me...but my gear is all at Sugarbush so that doesn't help. And even getting home from the Cats Sunday afternoon could be a huge challenge depending on how the storm goes. Cats could also get mixed precip from the storm depending on the track.

Glenn

Interesting setup so far. Hoping that it stays all snow into SoVT. If it stays snow, could be a big event.

Blacked out this weekend...but still may head up to prep firewood since it could potentially be pretty buried after the storm.

Smellytele

Interesting setup so far. Hoping that it stays all snow into SoVT. If it stays snow, could be a big event.

Blacked out this weekend...but still may head up to prep firewood since it could potentially be pretty buried after the storm.

SoVT is showing it could get some mixing as could central NH. All could change with just a little movement of the track

MG Skier

Could be great but who knows....it is New England.....I have Monday off and would love to get away but I need to be sure my girlfriend can get out to work on Monday. If it is bad enough, she will stay home. Looks like it could me mostly rain for me.

ghughes20

We've had so much r-word this season we're do for some consistent snow. My fingers are crossed. Also, Wed-Friday should provide some snow to whet the appetite.

I'm taking off on Monday and will be at Stratton for the long weekend. That said, my guess is that Killington and north will do better with this storm. Still early.

BenedictGomez

I tend to not speculate on storms not even coasted in on the west coast yet.

A lot can change.

slow-clap.gif

tnt1234

The curse of living in NJ ....in order to make plans, I'll need to speculate a bit...